Battery Drain Too Fast & Hot Temperature

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Redmi Note 2' started by Flybeer, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Flybeer

FlybeerMembers

Jul 15, 2016
    Hello everybody,
    I have a Xiami Redmi Note 2 MIUI xiaomi.eu 8.0 bought 1 year ago.
    Now, after a few minutes of use it starts becoming hotter and in less than 10 minutes the phone displays an allert "The phome temperature is 40°, click lower it" or something similar.
    Anyway, if I click, it does the normal battery scan and says "No issues, everything looks good" but the phone is still 42/43°.
    Also, the battery drain really fast. Approximately 1% every 60/80 seconds and it comes the message "Battery draining too fast". Everytime, it has the battery saver on and usually also the airplane mode. If I go on the internet it takes 5 min more to become hot, however, if I use maps or the camera the battery goes down really fast and it becomes instantly hot. The only way to make it less hot is to turn off and wait 5 minutes. I don't remember when it all started but I noticed now that the situation is really worse than the beginning.

2. dogiex

dogiexFinnish language.Translator

Aug 24, 2015
    Male
    Finland
    Update to latest 8.5 stable. Works nicely.

3. Flybeer

FlybeerMembers

Jul 15, 2016
    Thanks for the answer. I updated about 4 hours ago but it is still becoming hot and draining battery. How can I do?

4. dogiex

dogiexFinnish language.Translator

Aug 24, 2015
    Male
    Finland
    Have you tried factory reset?

5. Flybeer

FlybeerMembers

Jul 15, 2016
    Nope, I am sorry, I am a real noob on this things. How can I do it and what are the consequences? Should I make a backup of everything?

6. vesage

vesageMembers

Jan 28, 2016
    Change your battery, it's broken

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

7. Flybeer

FlybeerMembers

Jul 15, 2016
    Thank you very much.
    In specific, it becomes hot in the top part.. I do not know if it changes anything.

8. vesage

vesageMembers

Jan 28, 2016
    Update the latest ROM and try it out. Mine was hot too when my battery is bad and the latest from does help in reduce the phone from heating up.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

9. Flybeer

FlybeerMembers

Jul 15, 2016
    He phone has the 8.5, I updated this morning but it still become hot. Next week I will change battery and I will let you know.

10. irme2

irme2Members

Jan 17, 2016
    This is a known issue for RN2.

11. Flybeer

FlybeerMembers

Jul 15, 2016
    Thank you for the answer, what should I do? I still have to change the battery.

Share Our Site