Battery drain

OldSkoolRaver

Members
Aug 31, 2012
Has anyone else had severe battery drain with the new update (ones including new headset controls)? I've had to revert to the release before as when listening to radio my battery only lasted 3 hours and the phone was permanently hot

i found that with last updates the phone get's hotter and battery lasts les, anyway i'll keep an eye on battery drains

my battery drained in 3 hours listening to the radio at work with last weeks update after flashing week befores back on again i done 9 hours and battery was still on 65% so its quite a difference

Yes, I can confirm that last weeks (19th) Update is broken in this regard, Mi One is very hot all the time, and burns battery. I could not see anything suspicious in the shell. Anyone tried the 26th update? Anyone filed a bug report. I would do, but basically I have no information except it is broken.

Yes, I can confirm that last weeks (19th) Update is broken in this regard, Mi One is very hot all the time, and burns battery. I could not see anything suspicious in the shell. Anyone tried the 26th update? Anyone filed a bug report. I would do, but basically I have no information except it is broken.
Build 19 its fine, but on build 26 battery life is horrible

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

i don`t have this problem...i use the new 3.7.26 and it`s working fine,not hot,no battery drain.

mine was alright until i used earphones and radio which makes me think its the new headset control option app

I tested the last 2 rom updates and no battery drain with headphones on my m1S sorry

i have battery drain but using cm10.1, thats why i switched back to miuiv5 but this week rom its kinda buggy it auto reboot itself and when i put my simcard pin it auto reboot again i dont know what its going on :(

i still believe its caused by the headset app as i can't calibrate the headphones i'm using maybe its not allowing the app to shutdown.an option in the headset controls to choose what type of headphones your using i.e with or without buttons would be a nice idea

I'm on 3.8.16 and the battery life is now terrible! I use my phone for listening to music for maybe 1-2 hours a day. This morning, it went from 100% down to 75% with <1 hour on wifi web browsing!

Problem is I can't remember which version I was on before so don't know what to downgrade to :(

My battery has been much better today. No idea why, as just yesterday it was terrible. Yesterday I noted from the battery usage stats that 'Android OS' was the biggest drain on the battery, followed by the screen. Today, Android OS isn't using nearly as much (<10% as opposed to yesterday's 40-50%).

You seem to think the drain is down to the new headset controls feature. Does this problem only occur when you have headphones plugged in? That may be why my battery isn't getting run down so much today as my headphones have only been plugged in for 30 mins or so...

If I have further problems I'll have to downgrade. Thanks for letting me know what version pre-dates the problem!

i used mine at the weekend without headphones android os was normal then at work with headphones on it went flat in a couple of hours and android os was way up 3 times higher than screen so its either the headphone control app or the radio app and the radio apps been the same for ages so i doubt its that.