New Battery Drained By "android" (rn3pro And Mi3)

I try too
All sync disable + airplane mode

No fix, "Android" keep awake imediatly after i unplug the charger

If you are rooted, install wakelock detector from google play and betterbatterystats from xda. Post the results after at least 4 hours.

Try also: in the notification bar search for power checker, see if any apps are listed there

Msm otg

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-07-24-13-34-32-324_com.asksven.betterbatterystats.png
    Screenshot_2016-07-24-13-34-32-324_com.asksven.betterbatterystats.png
    164.3 KB · Views: 507
I search by google.
Kernel bug, it must be upgraded or debuged.
So we must wait again that xiaomi devs fix it.

Guys the same thing happens on my Redmi Note 2 since I've flashed 6.7.7 update. I am now considering moving from MIUI 8 to 7.5 stable.
Also - interesting things is that when the phone is idle (not touching it) the battery is pretty strong, but when I start to do something with it - something simple like scrolling facebook for under 1 minute it drops 2-3% battery.

Same here on RMN3 mtk. I came from stable stock China ROM (there is no global for mtk), flashed EU 7.5 stable. I estimate that I only have third of the battery time now as compared to stock ROM: barely a working day instead of two full days.
So moving to 7.5 stable might not be a solution...

I have the same problem with Redmi 3 latest Global MIUI 8 Global 6.8.4 | Beta. Was happening on previous stable version as well.
Currently, Android System Battery usage 30%. I am trying to fix it. Have removed SD Card and cleared system cache. Will post if I solve the problem somehow

Last edited:
I have the same problem with Redmi 3 latest Global MIUI 8 Global 6.8.4 | Beta. Was happening on previous stable version as well.
Currently, Android System Battery usage 30%. I am trying to fix it. Have removed SD Card and cleared system cache. Will post if I solve the problem somehow

Hi Alek,
have your battery drain fixed finally?

Hi Alek,
have your battery drain fixed finally?
Android system is still 25-30%, and Android is 12-15%. Even recently updated to MIUI 6.8.11 Beta remained the same.

I'm not even sure if it's a bug since the battery is decent. Battery lasts 2.5 days with low-medium usage, and 1.5-2 days of medium usage with brightness ~25%. Maybe Android system is just meant to use a lot of battery. However, I was still expecting more seeng how the battery is in 5th place on gsmarena battery tests.

Any other Redmi 3 users? Anyone having less Android usage in battery stats?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Android system is still 25-30%, and Android is 12-15%. Even recently updated to MIUI 6.8.11 Beta remained the same.

I'm not even sure if it's a bug since the battery is decent. Battery lasts 2.5 days with low-medium usage, and 1.5-2 days of medium usage with brightness ~25%. Maybe Android system is just meant to use a lot of battery. However, I was still expecting more seeng how the battery is in 5th place on gsmarena battery tests.

Any other Redmi 3 users? Anyone having less Android usage in battery stats?
Thanks.

I have Redmi 3 Pro, also on the latest eu dev rom (6.8.11 b) and experience exactly the same as you do, all the numbers are the roughly the same. I signed out from MI cloud, disabled many service with an app named Device Control related to "cloud" and "backup" and some others, turned off fingerprint lock, set many system apps to be freezed in idle mode in the built-in App Battery Saver but still the same.. something drains the battery, i guess in both awake and idle mode.
It must be within the "Android System" or maybe the "Android" service group but no battery monitor app i found shows which low-level service sucks the battery. Eg. there are 20-30 or more low-level services within the "Android system" group.

Maybe do you guys know a battery monitor app that can show the cpu usage history in a more detailed way than "Android - 25%" ? I also tried GSam monitor but that only shows the wake locks of the low-level services, not the CPU time or power consuming.

Mi Max Pro here, same problem, but today Google Services beat Android System.
I have 6hrs of Screen, and currently at the end of the second day (9PM here) but I'm on a 4850mah battery, it should do almost double that.
Also, I can't freaking upload the screenshot because chrome doesn't let me click "gallery" or any other app to choose the pic.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-08-24-21-04-36-415_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    Screenshot_2016-08-24-21-04-36-415_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    129.2 KB · Views: 334
I'm trying today with sync off, so far the phone has been off the charger about 6 hours, have 2 hours of Screen on, some whatsapp/Telegram notifications, half an hour of Chrome, and I'm at 80%.
MiMax Pro, with weekly 6.8.18.
So far, it seems fair to assume that battery drain issues are related to sync processes (be those contacts mail Mi Account or whatever).
I personally can live with it, because the battery is so big I can easily get to midnight with battery at 30%, but it's a problem nonetheless.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-08-26-13-01-56-575_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    Screenshot_2016-08-26-13-01-56-575_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    182 KB · Views: 303
One step closer... my Redmi 3 Pro was "awake" continuously for days, the phone simply couldn't sleep for a minute. After trying many things, today i fixed it. With GSam Battery Monitor i realized that Google Play Services held the phone awake the most of time, despite of i set the "Restrict background activity" for it in the built-in App Battery Saver. After some googling, did two things:
  • disabled the SMS and MMS permissions + Location permissions for "Google App", in Settings/Permissions
  • disabled two service contained word "sms" for Google Play Services, using the Disable Service app by WangQi.
  • ok, i disabled also all services in Google Play Services contained words "wake" and "alarm" but i guess that didn't count.
After doing so, the phone could sleep again.

One step closer... my Redmi 3 Pro was "awake" continuously for days, the phone simply couldn't sleep for a minute. After trying many things, today i fixed it. With GSam Battery Monitor i realized that Google Play Services held the phone awake the most of time, despite of i set the "Restrict background activity" for it in the built-in App Battery Saver. After some googling, did two things:
  • disabled the SMS and MMS permissions + Location permissions for "Google App", in Settings/Permissions
  • disabled two service contained word "sms" for Google Play Services, using the Disable Service app by WangQi.
  • ok, i disabled also all services in Google Play Services contained words "wake" and "alarm" but i guess that didn't count.
After doing so, the phone could sleep again.

Good for you if those steps helped your phone sleep again, but
1)no more sms for you
2)I would NEVER go around and block processes all willy-nilly like you did: you've been lucky your device didn't end in a boot loop.

But hey, if those gets you through the day, I repeat, good for you.

I meanwhile updated to 6.8.25, let's see what happens today.

Good for you if those steps helped your phone sleep again, but
1)no more sms for you
2)I would NEVER go around and block processes all willy-nilly like you did: you've been lucky your device didn't end in a boot loop.

But hey, if those gets you through the day, I repeat, good for you.

I meanwhile updated to 6.8.25, let's see what happens today.

Not a single valid point here, please think it over again. Google Play Services has no business neither with the receiving/sending SMS from the phone in general, neither with the boot process. Of course i can send/receive SMS and boot - only Google Play Service what can not SMS any more.
Maybe the only valid point is, the warning in general, about not to play with services.

One more thing - since the bug is in Google Play Service, you cannot expect from any MIUI update to fix it.

Not a single valid point here, please think it over again. Google Play Services has no business neither with the receiving/sending SMS from the phone in general, neither with the boot process. Of course i can send/receive SMS and boot - only Google Play Service what can not SMS any more.
Maybe the only valid point is, the warning in general, about not to play with services.

One more thing - since the bug is in Google Play Service, you cannot expect from any MIUI update to fix it.

You're right, sms don't depend on Google Play Services, but you're not right in saying a MIUI update can't fix anything, since THIS forum has ONLY Miui roms with Google apps integrated.
I suppose devs work their asses off for having a MIUI system that operates together with Gapps with as less issues as they can... ;)
As you see from my screenshot of right now, the update seems (I said seems, not sure) to have fixed something, as my device was awake mainly when the screen was on (which is the right behaviour, of course).

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-08-27-14-43-09-204_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    Screenshot_2016-08-27-14-43-09-204_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    62.3 KB · Views: 301
  • Screenshot_2016-08-27-14-42-46-885_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    Screenshot_2016-08-27-14-42-46-885_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    86.1 KB · Views: 316
  • Screenshot_2016-08-27-14-42-34-714_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    Screenshot_2016-08-27-14-42-34-714_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    131.3 KB · Views: 318
  • Screenshot_2016-08-27-14-42-54-106_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    Screenshot_2016-08-27-14-42-54-106_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    130.7 KB · Views: 383
Reactions: nlacsoft
Yes, you're right.. MIUI updates may fix the issue if Google fixes its stuff in the meantime, i was wrong. I'm sure Google is aware of that issue, many people complained about it.
The screenshots looks ok, the interesting is it was ok too on my phone for a while, it "stucked" in some weeks after a fresh install of the EU Rom.

Yes, you're right.. MIUI updates may fix the issue if Google fixes its stuff in the meantime, i was wrong. I'm sure Google is aware of that issue, many people complained about it.
The screenshots looks ok, the interesting is it was ok too on my phone for a while, it "stucked" in some weeks after a fresh install of the EU Rom.
Hey man, writing just to let you know that the latest weekly worked a charm on my battery. I'm on 1 hour of Screen on, phone unplugged and connected to 3G/H+ all the time since 7.30 this morning (2 hours), battery is at 90%.
Unless the next weekly has a particular fix or I find a bug or something on this one, I'm staying on 6.8.25. ;)

Reactions: nlacsoft
Hey man, writing just to let you know that the latest weekly worked a charm on my battery. I'm on 1 hour of Screen on, phone unplugged and connected to 3G/H+ all the time since 7.30 this morning (2 hours), battery is at 90%.
Unless the next weekly has a particular fix or I find a bug or something on this one, I'm staying on 6.8.25. ;)

Cool! I'll probably update too, making a clean flashing.

Try this or this (first one haven't detected my root). Basically those apps freeze/block mediaserver, which's overactivity is the cause of high baterry usage. Cons of this is problem or even unability to play videos in browser (YT and other app are still ok) and maybe some camera/recording problems.

Redmi 3 as the same with lastest update (6.9.1 and stable 8.0.1)
i don't know why but android system sometime drain battery very fast, when i recharge or restart that issue disappear

That's not a drain dumbasses, the battery graph has to show something up to 100%. So if any other apps aren't using the time out of the 100%, it's shown as system.