[Battery saving] Automaticly switch 2G/2G+3G

RobinHood00

Members
Oct 28, 2013
I use intelli3g, another Xposed Module, to let my phone automaticly switch to 2G when in standby which saves a lot of battery, when you unlock the screen it automaticly switches on to 3G... there is a lot of other options. Just look at it, there are a lot of options:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.voidvapps.intelli3g

Oh and if you use CM or any other rom which might have problems with Xposed, you could try this aplication, Toggle2G:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=739530

I have used both these applications on my Xiaomi M2S, now I'm using the Xposed Module intelli3g as I am on Stock android, but for those of you who run CM or other custom roms, try Toggle2G.

I believe that if you use Miui/Wiui you can install a modified version of Xposed Framework but I think the Toggle2G app is easier to use :) If you are only using Xposed for this module (I run more xposed modules to make my stock android like CM hehe)
There is no reason to use this because Xposed added official MIUI support months ago.
Intelli3g is working with the newest Wiui mod version

Last edited:
This interests me, I use 2g almost all day. When I manually switch from 2g only to 3g/2g there's a loss of signal I presume where the radio chip s switches. Surely this app could cause the loss too, only at a time not of the users choosing?

Hey,

You can set the delay for switch back to 2g, so if you switch of the screen and have a delay of 30 seconds you won't notice the short disconnect, even when you accidently switch of the screen.

When you go from 2g to 2g+3g the connection stays intact. You can just set the app to behave the way you like it (both intelli3g and toggle2g). Just try it, I think it is great! :D

@letsfifa
I do not use Miui or Wiui, I don't like it :p
But well, read this, a modified version for Miui:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=46415123

But you could just simply install the Toggle2G app, as it has the same functionality only it does not get updated anymore, it works perfect though, have used it a long time. But because I already use xPrivacy, GravityBox, I prefer using an Xposed module for this..

Last edited:
Thank you for this tool!
I've been switching 2g/3g manually for years (toggle2g didn't work when I was trying it around one year ago).
Thanks for sharing this xposed module! The days with manual switching are gone again :-D

Sent with my Xiaomi MI2 with Tapatalk Pro

@letsfifa
I do not use Miui or Wiui, I hate it :p
But well, read this, a modified version for Miui:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=46415123

But you could just simply install the Toggle2G app, as it has the same functionality only it does not get updated anymore, it works perfect though, have used it a long time. But because I already use xPrivacy, GravityBox, I prefer using an Xposed module for this..
There is no reason to use this because Xposed added official MIUI support months ago.

Ah I did not know that, I'm no Miui fan lol.

Now I did have one problem with the latest release. It's working almost flawlessly, I did not really notice it yesterday, but today I did notice my modem seemed connected on 3g(screen on) but I couldn't use internet, every app said there was no connection.

I'm now gonna run it in 'foreground'. But as the problem only showed two times in 3 days it wasn't such a problem, but I reported it to the developer, also I requested the delay function to be in seconds this will be changed in a future update :)

Well I tried the java program that changed the rom as per the xda link in the op.
Phone wouldn't boot, so restored the cwm backup I made just before....
I assumed the xda first option to be the most seamless. Ah well, I'll try x posed now!

Sorry I meant to post yesterday, I found it thanks. Does it actually work on the miuiandroid rom from here? I have only been using since yesterday but can't tell if the switching or not!

Sorry I meant to post yesterday, I found it thanks. Does it actually work on the miuiandroid rom from here? I have only been using since yesterday but can't tell if the switching or not!

Intelli3g is working with the newest Wiui mod version

Sent with my Xiaomi MI2 with Tapatalk Pro

Wonderful, just tested. I never know 2g really saves battery life. >15 hours and I still have >1/2 of my 2000 mAh battery

i dont know what i am doing wrong, but it doesn't work with me properly, the WIFI part is ok. so when connected to Wifi it switch to 2G and when not connected it switch back to 3G, BUT the screen off is not working, once the screen is off it switch to 2g but when the screen is on it doesn't switch back to 3G i have to do it manually. anyone experienced the same?
Thanks

i dont know what i am doing wrong, but it doesn't work with me properly, the WIFI part is ok. so when connected to Wifi it switch to 2G and when not connected it switch back to 3G, BUT the screen off is not working, once the screen is off it switch to 2g but when the screen is on it doesn't switch back to 3G i have to do it manually. anyone experienced the same?
Thanks
Depends on which one your using Toggl2G or Intelli3G. You could just head over to the XDA thread and ask but things should just work, I know other people had the same problem, but then again, on the M2(S) everything should work fine so you're doing something wrong, try to find out what it is. Otherwise try the other APP/module hehe.

Depends on which one your using Toggl2G or Intelli3G. You could just head over to the XDA thread and ask but things should just work, I know other people had the same problem, but then again, on the M2(S) everything should work fine so you're doing something wrong, try to find out what it is. Otherwise try the other APP/module hehe.

Thanks a lot, i couldn't install Toggle2G, it won't install, on XDA there few people who has the same problem like me but different devices and no one tried to answer them, thats why i thought here i might get an answer, anyway i think it has relation to Wifi, the application work as it supposed to work as long as Wifi is enabled whether connected to network or not, but the wifi is disabled it doesn't work, thanks again for trying to help

Thanks a lot, i couldn't install Toggle2G, it won't install, on XDA there few people who has the same problem like me but different devices and no one tried to answer them, thats why i thought here i might get an answer, anyway i think it has relation to Wifi, the application work as it supposed to work as long as Wifi is enabled whether connected to network or not, but the wifi is disabled it doesn't work, thanks again for trying to help

Try Xposed Framework + Intelli3G then and run it in "foreground" mode. That's what I'm using right now.

I used both Toggle2G and Intelli3G on my M2(S), works great. I have this baseband version: 2.0.128017
Radio: 3.4.5 http://www.mediafire.com/?ccasigx875jpf8n

Maybe that causes the problem with your phone, unless you have the same of course...

Reactions: Shenn