Google-Camera 7.3 for Redmi Note 7 Pro

Dec 21, 2018
NOTICE TO ALL USERS: This thread has been discarded as it has already fulfilled its purpose and therefore is now no longer needed.

Please follow the NEW THREAD!

Arnova Google-Camera 7.4 BETA is out!

The saga continues
cool.gif

Last edited:
After much trial and error I finally found a working build for the Chinese version of the RN7Pro!

You can find it here: Redmi Note 7 Pro (Chinese Version) GoogleCAM

And here is the link with all *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* builds maintained by developer xtrme: *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* builds by XTRME

It seems the *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* builds maintained by this developer are the only ones which work with the Chinese version of the RN7Pro. These builds are aimed at MI 9, but they work for the RN7Pro as well since both of them have the exact same camera sensor.

I've been doing a lot of testing with several *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* builds on the Redmi Note 7 Pro and I finally found one which gives amazing results. Although it isn't specifically tailored for the Sony IMX586 sensor as we find with other *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* builds developed for the Mi 9 (such as the one modded by xtrme), for some reason it produces much better photos with better color accuracy, details, sharpness, exposure and dynamic range. This *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* build is modded by bulkin043 and it is tailored for a variety of different devices such as the Redmi Note 5 / Pro (whyred), Redmi Note 7 (lavender), Mi A1 (tissot), Mi A2 (jasmine), Mi 6x (wayne) and Mi 8 Lite (platina). During my extensive tests I've found this build to be exceptionally stable with smooth transitions when switching through menus and a very responsive UI.

This build is packed with a lot of great settings such as "Custom Eszdman v2.2" quality level for NightSight, Camera API2 "Metering mode", "ISO priority", and "Lens distortion correction", "Lens blur resolution" and many other unique features. Best of all it comes with a dedicated interface theme (Auto/Light/Dark) which automatically adapts to daylight or night-time conditions. Photobooth and Slow Motion aren't working unfortunately, but that's the case with many *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* builds and so it remains a work in progress.

The only bothersome issue with this build is due to the fact that it permanently crashes video mode when selecting 60fps. Please avoid this framerate for now, or else you will have to reinstall *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* to gain access to video mode again.

This *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* is based on the 6.2.030 version and you can download it from > HERE

I will share below the optimal settings for the Redmi Note 7 Pro (after having it thoroughly tested I've found these particular settings to give the best possible results):

[Libs]

Default from Google

[Base settings]

Back camera > Pixel 3a XL/with Pixel 3a config (perfect balance between noise control, details and sharpness with accurate exposure) or Pixel XL/with Pixel 3 config (increased noise, details and sharpness with slightly higher exposure)

Front camera > Pixel 2 XL (good colors, details and sharpness with more noise control) or Nexus 5X (greater details and sharpness with slightly more noise)

Config > Pixel 3a/with Pixel 3a XL and Pixel 3 XL AWB or Pixel 3/with Pixel XL and Pixel 2 XL AWB

[Saturation]

Front Camera > Highlight Saturation (1.9) / Shadow Saturation (2.3)

Back Camera > Highlight Saturation (1.0) / Shadow Saturation (1.6)

[Noise reduction]

Back camera > Activate

Front camera > Activate

DO NOT enable HDR+ Denoise!

[Enable these toggles]

> HDR+ Control
> Save to /DCIM/Camera
> Quick auto exposure settings
> Remove the ISO limit
> Portrait/Disable zoom
> Recompute AWB > On (mandatory!)

All other settings remain on default

NOTICE: Keep in mind that these settings have been tested only on the Redmi Note 7 Pro (China variant). For other compatible devices supported by this build you will have to experiment with the settings yourselves.

Last edited:
I've been doing a lot of testing with several *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* builds on the Redmi Note 7 Pro and I finally found one which gives amazing results. Although it isn't specifically tailored for the Sony IMX586 sensor as we find with other *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* builds developed for the Mi 9 (such as the one modded by xtrme), for some reason it produces much better photos with better color accuracy, details, sharpness, exposure and dynamic range. This *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* build is modded by bulkin043 and it is tailored for a variety of different devices such as the Redmi Note 5 / Pro (whyred), Redmi Note 7 (lavender), Mi A1 (tissot), Mi A2 (jasmine), Mi 6x (wayne) and Mi 8 Lite (platina). During my extensive tests I've found this build to be exceptionally stable with smooth transitions when switching through menus and a very responsive UI. I haven't experienced any crashes either.

This build is packed with a lot of great settings such as "Custom Eszdman v2.2" quality level for NightSight, Camera API2 "Metering mode", "ISO priority", and "Lens distortion correction", "Lens blur resolution" and many other unique features. Best of all it comes with a dedicated interface theme (Auto/Light/Dark) which automatically adapts to daylight or night-time conditions. Photobooth and Slow Motion aren't working unfortunately, but that's the case with many *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* builds and so it remains a work in progress.

The only bothersome issue with this build is due to the way saturation is programmed to work. When set on default values saturation works properly only on HDR+ Enhanced and NightSight, but on every other mode with HDR+ on photos end up washed out. The only solution to this problem is to increase the saturation values when taking photos with HDR+ on, and change the saturation to default values when using HDR+ Enhanced and NightSight. Otherwise photos will end up oversaturated in these two modes. It's a bit frustrating to constantly have to change the saturation values depending on the mode that is used for taking photos, but future builds will definitely have the ability to import/export XML config files which will enable the possibility of using two different files (one with default saturation values for HDR+ Enhanced and NightSight and one with higher saturation values for the other modes with HDR+ on).

This *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* is based on the 6.2.024 version and you can download it from > HERE

I will share below the optimal settings for the Redmi Note 7 Pro (after having it thoroughly tested I've found these particular settings to give the best possible results):

[Libs]

Default from Google

[Base settings]

Back camera > Pixel 3a XL/with Pixel 3a config (perfect balance between noise control, details and sharpness with accurate exposure) or Pixel XL/with Pixel 3 config (increased noise, details and sharpness with slightly higher exposure)

Front camera > Pixel 2 XL (good colors, details and sharpness with more noise control) or Nexus 5X (greater details and sharpness with slightly more noise)

Config > Pixel 3a/with Pixel 3a XL or Pixel 3/with Pixel XL

[Saturation – only for modes with HDR+ on]

Back camera > Highlight Saturation (2.0) / Shadow Saturation (2.4)

Front Camera > Highlight Saturation (1.9) / Shadow Saturation (2.3)

For HDR+ Enhanced and NightSight saturation must be set on default values (1.0/1.6)

Enable "HDR+ Control" and "Save to /DCIM/Camera"

All other settings remain on default

NOTICE: Keep in mind that these settings have been tested only on the Redmi Note 7 Pro (China variant). For other compatible devices supported by this build you will have to experiment with the settings yourselves.
thanks mate for informative post. before that i already tried 30-40 apks of *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* none seems worked correctively. Lets see how your study works.If possible Can you share any portraits of selfie You clicked on this settings

I've tested the latest xtrme *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* build and I'm very pleased to see Pixel AWB has finally been fixed. We are getting very close to a true *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* performance on the Mi 9 and Redmi Note 7 Pro. File size is also correct and image quality is closer to MIUI stock camera (exposure/highlight conservation is still better on stock camera though).

You can download the latest *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* build developed by xtrme from HERE

After trying various settings I've managed to find the best configuration which provides amazing image quality, with great detail, sharpness, color reproduction, noise control, exposure and dynamic range. There's one single XML config file suitable for both daytime and nighttime conditions which you can download from HERE

Here's a tutorial on how to import/export XML config files for *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum*

For NightSight you need steady hands as image processing is slower, but provides maximum quality. There's also a small annoyance with my config as NightSight suggestion doesn't work with BSG Config PixelPlusNS Hdr+, but this issue will eventually be fixed.

Last edited:
Reactions: tanjib and LOLO9393
you are really awesome brother..i love your posts...Please keep us updated like you do always :)

[Updated XML download link for xtrme *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum*]

> disabled noise reduction settings completely (BSG Config PixelPlusNS Hdr+ module does enough noise reduction on its own)
> decreased HDR+ frames to 7
> set correction NightSight to "Off"

The result is faster image processing, reduced time for capturing photos with NightSight, increased details and sharpness with less chances to end up with blurry photos.

[Updated XML download link for xtrme *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum*]

» changed Autoexposure correction to 1/4 sec.
» changed Correction NightSight to 1/4 sec.
» increased Exposure compensation to +0,2

Faster image processing for daylight and low-light photography, with better exposure, details, sharpness and image clarity. Drastically improved NightSight performance with reduced time for capturing photos and much better overall image quality. Chances of ending up with blurry photos are very low due to the settings being more suitable for handheld photography.

To download the new config file please see original post.

[UPDATE]

GOOD NEWS! We finally have a dedicated *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* for the Redmi Note 7 Pro!

The first build based on 6.2.030 version was created by san1ty and you can download it from HERE

{ Changelog }
  • Initial APK for Redmi Note 7 Pro (based on the PocoPhone F1 *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* ports)
  • Fixed washed out pics on front and rear cameras
  • Everything else working except Slow Motion

[UPDATE]

*no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* beta6 version released by xtrme. You can download the beta6 build from HERE and the new XML config file for Redmi Note 7 Pro from HERE

{ Changelog }

• new aux switch method (viewfinder buttons)
  • changed long press method: now long press on camera switch button changes only main/tele; photo viewer button changes only main/wide
  • options to hide different modes when using aux lenses
  • added Pixel 2/Pixel 3 AWB switch menu
  • DCI-P3 feature
  • optimized default settings for OP7Pro and Mi9
  • fixed green tint issue in some situations
  • updated Xlib v2.2 (with stock sharpness)
  • added Eslib aux
  • OP7Pro support: fixed saturation issue; video can be recorded on all aux lenses

Reactions: Akr0n and mchambs67
While shooting in night mode, Camera crashes suddenly after taking the photo. Obviously the photo is not saved in Google Photo... For all the rest, this version works smoothly

While shooting in night mode, Camera crashes suddenly after taking the photo. Obviously the photo is not saved in Google Photo... For all the rest, this version works smoothly

Change Sabre from "On" to "Auto". I suspect this is what's causing the crash on NightSight mode. If it still crashes, then you could also enable Buffer Fix and see if it solves the problem. This *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* build may behave a bit differently on lavender, which is why the settings have to be adjusted accordingly for it to work properly.

Change Sabre from "On" to "Auto". I suspect this is what's causing the crash on NightSight mode. If it still crashes, then you could also enable Buffer Fix and see if it solves the problem. This *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* build may behave a bit differently on lavender, which is why the settings have to be adjusted accordingly for it to work properly.

Can't find those settings... Where are them? Which section?

EDIT: found those settings but changing them as you said camera still crashes...

EDIT 2: Dunno if I'm stupid or what... didn't notice that this is a version for RN7 Pro... I'm on lavender LOL, anyway... what is the best *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* for RN7?

Last edited:
Can't find those settings... Where are them? Which section?

EDIT: found those settings but changing them as you said camera still crashes...

EDIT 2: Dunno if I'm stupid or what... didn't notice that this is a version for RN7 Pro... I'm on lavender LOL, anyway... what is the best *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* for RN7?

Here are a few *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* builds for lavender:

Download latest version by boxer198615 (XML Config file included in the link) from HERE

Download latest version by tigr (XML Config file included in the link) from HERE

Download latest version by BSG from HERE

Download latest version by bulkin043 from HERE

See which one produces the most pleasing results and stick to it.

For now, I'm stuck with this... found this Telegram channel somewhere, can't remember. It works well, but I need to try at least Boxer and Tigr versions, I've also BSG's and it's pretty smooth :)

[UPDATE]

Advanced 1.7 version released by Arnova8G2. You can download the new *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* build from HERE and the XML config file for Redmi Note 7 Pro from HERE

This *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* build has much better overall image quality than xtrme's version, especially with regards to sharpness and noise control.

IMPORTANT: After applying the XML Config file please go to Settings > Advanced > Libs and choose Eszdman: Xtrme v3

{ Changelog }

• stable version will not change anymore
  • add Saturation for OP7/7Pro and RN7Pro (violet)
  • fixed PatchLoader by KoopahTManiac

[Updated XML download link for Arnova's Advanced 1.7 *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum*]

» changed back camera base setting to Pixel 3 XL
» enabled Fix Old WB Gains / NightSight working properly now

You can download the new XML config file from HERE

IMPORTANT: After applying the XML Config file please go to Settings > Advanced > Libs and choose Eszdman: Xtrme v3

Really glad that I found this thread, thanks a lot for sharing all these details information with us, good job.

[UPDATE]

*no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* beta11 version released by xtrme. You can download the new build from HERE and the new XML config file for Redmi Note 7 Pro from HERE

This build performs better than Arnova's Advanced 1.7 version, with better NightSight and faster image processing.

{ Changelog }

• new lib: Gmm23b t4.26
  • dark mode (if system wide dark mode is enabled)
  • new AWB: IMX586 (thx to Savitar)
  • fixed green tint in shadows
  • added antibanding mode
  • minor changes and bugfixes

Reactions: ferreinf and Kilon1
[UPDATE]

*no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* beta11 version released by xtrme. You can download the new build from HERE and the new XML config file for Redmi Note 7 Pro from HERE

This build performs better than Arnova's Advanced 1.7 version, with better NightSight and faster image processing.

{ Changelog }

• new lib: Gmm23b t4.26
  • dark mode (if system wide dark mode is enabled)
  • new AWB: IMX586 (thx to Savitar)
  • fixed green tint in shadows
  • added antibanding mode
  • minor changes and bugfixes
thank you for the prompt updates and perfect settings!