Beta V's stable

Alan098765

Members
Sep 16, 2019
Hello all, can someone please tell me why stable is a higher version number, I'm on 9.10.24 rom and all's going good on it,, but is there any benefit from switching to the stable other than that it's meant to be more stable, is there more features or anything on it that not on this 9.10.24 rom with mi CC9, thanks in advance

Sent from my MI CC 9 using Tapatalk

Beta (weeklies) are numbered by date...9.10.24 = 2019/10/24...betas tend to have new features and bug fixes (and new bugs)...stable builds receive OTAs but not as frequently as beta (weekly)....both are good as daily drivers...

Sent from my MI 8 Lite using Tapatalk

Wow! Thanks for this info about number versions by date for Beta. I didn't notice it! :)

Reactions: iamme729
Thanks for the info, so the 2 roms would be just the same versions really

Is it really necessary to do a clean install going from beta to stable or can you just dirty flash it

Done dirty flash and phone would only boot into twrp, so i know now, Clean install(format data) is definitely necessary when switching form beta to stable

Correct ...beta to stable is downgrading...format required...

Sent from my MI 8 Lite using Tapatalk
If im going from beta 9.10.31 to 9.10.24 I'll need to format or can i dirty flash, I've a couple of bugs with this release, want to go back, thanks for kin

Yes dirty flash, just wiped cache and dalvik, all's running good, thanks for your help

Reactions: iamme729