Blocked after last update

PhilLC

Members
Aug 11, 2021
My Redmi 8 is blocked after the last update; also 'fastboot' doesn't help.

HELP!!!

If you want help, maybe you could give more details... Which Xiaomi.eu ROM you are using, are you able to use TWRP, what you mean by "blocked", what you mean by "fastboot doesn't help" ?

Reactions: Poney70
exactly what I said. I have no clue what's inside a Redmi 8. I'm in Switzerland. Phone is about a year old.

I did the last recommended update and the phone will not reboot. Trying a 'hard reboot' you get the message ''FASTBOOT'' which remains on for some minutes, then it goes dark and one sees the 100% Battery Full image. Then it goes dark.

If I try a restart I get the Redmi word followed by MIUU and then blackness...

what is TWRP?

Last edited:
exactly what I said. I have no clue what's inside a Redmi 8. I'm in Switzerland. Phone is about a year old.

I did the last recommended update and the phone will not reboot. Trying a 'hard reboot' you get the message ''FASTBOOT'' which remains on for some minutes, then it goes dark and one sees the 100% Battery Full image. Then it goes dark.

If I try a restart I get the Redmi word followed by MIUU and then blackness...

what is TWRP?
Did you unlock the bootloader?
Probably not, which means you are using a stock rom and here it is a custom rom.
post on this site https://c.mi.com/global/forum-2703-1.html

Reactions: JiaiJ and Poney70
There was a glitch with the update MIUI 12.5.2 with Redmi 8 models..needed todo a factory resent which was a pain...never again any Xiaomi product!!

sorry but this is 'Chinese' for me...

This forum is dedicated to a custom ROM called Xiaomi.eu. it is not a forum for general support for Xiaomi phones.

You are at the wrong place. Is it easier to understand ?

Reactions: Poney70