Blue Screen of Death

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi TV' started by ernie, Jul 18, 2014.

1. ernie

ernieMembers

Jul 18, 2014
    Just got a brand new MiBox. As soon as i start it up, i get this error msg. (I've looked in forum and cannot find the solution). Any advice? Thanks.
    [​IMG]

2. it says "user authentication failure"
    "press the menu key to enter the system settings page and on the XX page try to restore the factory settings"
    => from what i gather, you should try to boot into recovery (by replugging the box while pressing the home and option button on the remote), and select to restore to factory settings.

good luck

3. yippie1983

yippie1983Members

Jul 20, 2014
    Male
    I have the same problem.

The background is I got this box (Mi box 2) from Hong Kong feww weeks ago and it was working fine for one week, I could watch many channels including the CCTV in real time. I decided to return the settings by run a factory reset (don't ask me why). After factory reset, I realised the original apps (like VST and others) are all gone; what's left is iCNTV apps butwithout the usual VST apps.

I did another firmware upgrade (took 3 hours). After the firmware upgrade, I could only see the iCNTV menu but I can't play any of the TV or movies (with message something like unable to connect to iCNTV server.)

Attempt to roll back the firmware upgrade failed to resolved the issue; now my screen is stuck in this blue screen as reported by Ernie.

It looks like some internal or identify settings were wiped out and caused this issue.

Appreciate any help out there?

4. Ekow

EkowMembers

Jul 13, 2014
    I believe the extra apps (like VST etc) aren't shipped as standard, so the factory reset wiped them out. There is another thread about icntv not connection (seems it's now blocked outside China).

I don't know why the rollback would have caused bsod though. It looks like you need to rebuild the box, (see some of the other threads), and re-install the missing apps from backups.

5. yippie1983

yippie1983Members

Jul 20, 2014
    Male
    Yes, I notice there is another thread about the iCNTV not connected, it doesn't look good in terms of the resolution.

With the apps, I have to admit I didn't make any backup. I normally did. The missing of APPs is not as a big issue compared to the connection issue. It looks if I can't get iCNTV working (or connected), this box is useless.

Not sure whether it is possible to run another application to replace iCNTV as the main application. May be I have to send back the box to Hong Kong to have it rebuilt.

I don't know how there is an option (suicide one) within the box which will get the box into such a state. I have done few times in returning mobile phones (android) to factory setting and they won't affect the functioning of the phones after the reset. The designer of Xiaomi tv box must have a different meaning of factory reset.

6. Ekow

EkowMembers

Jul 13, 2014
    If you can get the box to boot, there are some other apps which will give you CCTV outside of China. I'll post the names when I the folks finish watching.

7. Ekow

EkowMembers

Jul 13, 2014
    OK, VST has cctv. I couldn't get the catch up service to work, but the archived dramas work.

8. EDLIM

EDLIMMembers

Aug 31, 2014
    Male
    guys any solution for this problem ? need help i have factory reset still couldnt work

9. Mahe

MaheMembers

Aug 27, 2014
    Male
    #9Mahe,Aug 31, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
  10. hmanxx

hmanxxMembers

Aug 31, 2014
    Installing Google framework and Google Play Service does not need root ?

Share Our Site