New Bluetooth AAC codec is missing?

EraserKing

Members
Sep 25, 2018
MIX 2S, 8.9.20, Android P
I have a Sony WF-1000X which has SBC/AAC codec support. I just noticed it only connects to phone recently by SBC (Yes, I know there's a Headphone app to adjust the mode of the device between SBC and AAC, and I'm sure it's on AAC mode).
Developer Options has also show SBC codec is active. I can choose AAC instead but it would be reverted to SBC after re-entering the page.
Unpair then re-pair doesn't fix.

I also have a MDR-1000X which has SBC/AAC/APTX/LDAC codec support. SBC/APTX/LDAC are also working fine, but AAC support is still missing. Same problem.

It was fine when I was on MIUI official global dev 8.8.3, AAC support was okay at that time.

See logcat: https://pastebin.com/MmsJpizs

Additionally, I found both two lines about AAC in build.prop
persist.vendor.bt.a2dp_offload_cap=sbc-aptx-aptxtws-aptxhd-aac-ldac
vendor.audio.hw.aac.encoder=false

Leaving the first line as "aac" only, or second line as "true", no effect

Reactions: PMShodan
Exactly the same problem on the Mi8 with 8.9.20 and Android P. AAC was working fine with my headphones on 8.8.30 and Android O, now I'm stuck on SBC, even after manually changing to AAC in developer options, it sticks to SBC.

Exactly the same problem on the Mi8 with 8.9.20 and Android P. AAC was working fine with my headphones on 8.8.30 and Android O, now I'm stuck on SBC, even after manually changing to AAC in developer options, it sticks to SBC.
Me too mi8 :( And have you know how to fix it yet?