New Bluetooth earphones low volume problem when connected to Xiaomi redmi note 8

Oct 16, 2020
I've enabled absolute volume and it's still very low audio. The advanced sound settings for earphones do not detect my bluetooth device. I'm currently using Creative Outlier Active v2

Reactions: yuxexes
I'm on Mi 10 using Jabra 75t earbuds and the volume is very low compared to my old phone. Irritating.

same problem, i'm on Mi 9 Lite, i'm frustrated!
this rom is very good, but these basic things of daily use, complicate the use

I was need to disable absolute volume to get sound volume. With enabled its like 2-3x lower than with disabled on latest eu weekly rom

I was need to disable absolute volume to get sound volume. With enabled its like 2-3x lower than with disabled on latest eu weekly rom

I tried to do that too, until I restarted the device and it doesn't work, the bluetooth sound is still low

I tried to do that too, until I restarted the device and it doesn't work, the bluetooth sound is still low
Unfortunately, I have the same problem. The headphone sound output and Bluetooth volume and quality were also very good when using the official MIUI Global Rom. Whatever I did after I switched to Eu Beta, I could not get the sound quality in the official Global Rom. No way to adapt audio codecs from Global Rom to this Rom?

By the way, the disable absolute sound option is definitely not working.

A similar post here:

Last edited:
A solution for the fellows here. I had the same problem , really pissed off. I was giving up on it until I plugged in a USB C head phone. A app pops up that
1) Ask my age (guess it has to do with hearing)
2) then it ran a series of test on my left and right ears.
After the test, the sounds was absolutely great on my usb C headphone. Then I went back to my bluetooth headset..... Problem solved!!!!

Good luck!

Anyone with any idea of the activity name of what @alosun is describing. I want to try and manually start it, but I don't have USB C headphones and I can't find anything similar in the Activity launcher.

Anyone with any idea of the activity name of what @alosun is describing. I want to try and manually start it, but I don't have USB C headphones and I can't find anything similar in the Activity launcher.
Hihi found it, it is call " Volume adjustment" that you can find under " Sound effect" . It basically customise volume according to auditory perception .. attached the screen

I was trying a lot of other methods and somehow never came across this setting. Don't know if I overlooked it or it does not come out before you plug in a type C headphone into MIUI 12 machine for the first time to start the machine customisation

Hope this helps !

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-06-19-07-26-54-540_com.miui.misound.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-06-19-07-26-54-540_com.miui.misound.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 7,544
Reactions: SeregaKR
Hihi found it, it is call " Volume adjustment" that you can find under " Sound effect" . It basically customise volume according to auditory perception .. attached the screen

I was trying a lot of other methods and somehow never came across this setting. Don't know if I overlooked it or it does not come out before you plug in a type C headphone into MIUI 12 machine for the first time to start the machine customisation

Hope this helps !
That helps a lot but I don't have it on RN8 with 21.06.16. What phone/version are you on?

It's greyed out on my Redmi Note 10 Pro, got this phone last week and this is the first time using BT headphones, I'm really annoyed with this coming from Samsung. Do I need to use Xiaomi specific type C headphones or do others also work?

Seems like I am on global, but I'm still having the same issue. Was just asking if the option was greyed out here too. This was the first thread Google spit at me so that's how I got here

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-09-28-10-56-32-166_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-09-28-10-56-32-166_com.android.settings.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 2,072
But I'm not sure, that somebody here can help you with your official ROM. Maybe someone with same device can say more.

But does the EU ROM really differ that much from the global one?
I have a pair of type C headphones laying around somewhere, I'll try them out first when I get home. I'll let you know if it worked!

you need to developer options and take adjustments to bluetooth change the audio codec SBC to ACC maybe to solve it(it depends of headphones support it) or verify that the audio app don't use audio enchantments

Hi, first time writing.
I noticed poor audio quality on my Bluetooth headphones, I have a 11t pro global build. I was suspecting that some adjustments are hidden behind grayed out option in "Volume adjustment". Has anyone managed to open this setting, and do we really need usb-c headphones for this option to be assessable? It's really annoying, I am considering going to a mi-shop and ask for a usb c headphones just to connect and test that grayed out option. Disappointed by the Bluetooth sound quality on a phone without headjack.

Hi, first time writing.
I noticed poor audio quality on my Bluetooth headphones, I have a 11t pro global build. I was suspecting that some adjustments are hidden behind grayed out option in "Volume adjustment". Has anyone managed to open this setting, and do we really need usb-c headphones for this option to be assessable? It's really annoying, I am considering going to a mi-shop and ask for a usb c headphones just to connect and test that grayed out option. Disappointed by the Bluetooth sound quality on a phone without headjack.
I can spare you some time. The audio on Xiaomi 11t is simply horrible. This is my first Xiaomi experience and I'm at the point I want to return it. I spent maybe 6 hours total on this and nothing works. Greyed out options won't do nothing for you in terms of loudness and will only open up with wired headphones. Still it's bad. Disabling absolute volume won't work, changing region won't work. The only solution you're left with is third party volume booster app. I installed volume booster GOODEV. It works but it's pain the the butt since you constantly need to adjust boost level based on what app you're using for music - yt, Spotify or Tidal. For Tidal the default audio phone output volume is so low, that's basically not usable with this Xiaomi. I'm extremely unhappy with this otherwise great phone. I'm running mui 12.5.7 Android 11. Btw wired headphones still play low volume. So it doesn't matter if it's Bluetooth or wired it's still low, extremely low even compared to my ooold honor 9. It's a joke.

Last edited:
I agree, that audio is so low on my blutooth buds, but I have to say those buds themselves aren't that great.
I even went into Mi Shop and asked for usb-c headphones to test that grayed out option and not much is better.
I just realized a small tag on top of the phone upper side that reads "Sound by harman/ kardon" and that feels a bit like a joke

Ok. Give this a shot. I actually resolved this yesterday by doing this:

1. Factory reset - when setting up again I chose US as a region.
2. Enable developer options - disable absolute volume
3. Enable engineering mode (dial pad and dial *#*#3646633#*#* scroll right to 'hardware testing" - audio playback and set PGA for both USB and Headphones+Speaker to 160 (maximum allowed value) - Relevant only for wired phones
4. When on wired headphones turn off Dolby in sound setting and set up custom volume option, play with the settings there to maximum satisfaction. Especially use custom volume adjustments where it measures your right/left ear etc.

So these steps fixed the issue. You might give this a shot. For me it worked and both Bluetooth and wired headphones are now really loud as they should be. I want to point out I tried steps 2,3,4 without factory reset - did not work. Started working after I did factory reset and performed the steps again.

Frankly, it might have been just a factory reset and the region change but I did the rest of it right after I did the factory reset and only after that I tested. I hated the workaround with third party booster, so it's really blessing it worked, I do like this phone a lot...but frankly, I was ready to return it due to low volume. I will not upgrade to Mui 13 until I have hardcore proof it's not going to mess up the volume again

Good luck

Hey. I have Xiaomi Redmi 11 with Redmi Buds Pro 3. What worked for me:
1. Enable developer options (Google it if you don't know how)
2. Go to Settings -> Additional settings -> Developer options
3. Set "Disable absolute volume" to off
(3.a. I also changed the Bluetooth codec to AAC, not sure if needed)
4. Turn off then turn on Bluetooth.

Spotify now plays at an ear-blasting volume.

had the same problem , switching region solved mine .
hong kong had very low volume , united states boosted the volume