Bluetooth keep crashing

ibart123

Members
Feb 6, 2021
I don't know if I messed up or what but I am unable to turn the Bluetooth on.

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to get provider com.android.bluetooth.provider.BTDeviceInfoContentProvider: android.database.sqlite.SQLiteCantOpenDatabaseException: Cannot open database '/data/user_de/0/com.android.bluetooth/databases/deviceinfo.db': Directory /data/user_de/0/com.android.bluetooth/databases doesn't exist at android.app.ActivityThread.installProvider(Unknown Source:429) at android.app.ActivityThread.installContentProviders(Unknown Source:28) at android.app.ActivityThread.handleBindApplication(Unknown Source:1242) at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1500(Unknown Source:0) at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(Unknown Source:692) at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Unknown Source:19) at android.os.Looper.loop(Unknown Source:249) at android.app.ActivityThread.main(Unknown Source:134) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method) at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(Unknown Source:11) at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(Unknown Source:313) Caused by: android.database.sqlite.SQLiteCantOpenDatabaseException: Cannot open database '/data/user_de/0/com.android.bluetooth/databases/deviceinfo.db': Directory /data/user_de/0/com.android.bluetooth/databases doesn't exist at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnection.open(Unknown Source:283) at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnection.open(Unknown Source:5) at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnectionPool.openConnectionLocked(Unknown Source:6) at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnectionPool.open(Unknown Source:3) at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnectionPool.open(Unknown Source:7) at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabase.openInner(Unknown Source:6) at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabase.open(Unknown Source:2) at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabase.openDatabase(Unknown Source:49) at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabase.openDatabase(Unknown Source:4) at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteOpenHelper.getDatabaseLocked(Unknown Source:81) at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteOpenHelper.getWritableDatabase(Unknown Source:2) at com.android.bluetooth.provider.BTDeviceInfoContentProvider.onCreate(Unknown Source:16) at android.content.ContentProvider.attachInfo(Unknown Source:102) at android.content.ContentProvider.attachInfo(Unknown Source:1) at android.app.ActivityThread.installProvider(Unknown Source:246) ... 10 more Caused by: android.database.sqlite.SQLiteCantOpenDatabaseException: unknown error (code 14 SQLITE_CANTOPEN): Could not open database at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnection.nativeOpen(Native Method) at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnection.open(Unknown Source:36) ... 24 more

I tried to create the missing folder but didn't work.

any suggestion? I don't want to upgrade. 12.5.9 rooted with magisk installed.

thanks

Reactions: Liucijus
Hello,
I am getting the same error on Redmi Note 8 2019 (Miui 12.5.4 EU GLOBAL) rom. I would be glad if you find the solution...

Experiencing this problem on Redmi Note 10 Pro 12.5.9 Stock Global with root. Thought maybe the reason is the same as on Xiaomi.eu

Same problem here on Poco X3 Pro with POCOX3Pro_V12.5.9.0.RJUMIXM_v12-11 Firmware after flashing newest twrp with official twrp app.
Any Solution?

Had to reset my phone - even BT reset or FW Update doesn´t help.
NEVER FLASH the android 12 twrp (ver 3.70...) on android 11 firmware!

I have the exact same problem on a Redmi Note 8T {MIUI version 12.5.6 RCXMIXM xiaomi.eu variant). It started happening after I installed latest Android 12 TWRP for my phone. I rolled back to Android 9 TWRP but that didn't fix it. Reinstalling the ROM (dirty flash using older TWRP that didn't cause this issue) didn't work, and neither did clearing Bluetooth app data. How do I fix this? I really don't want to factory reset because I have a bunch of photos I haven't backed up yet and I don't want to lose them

I have the exact same problem on a Redmi Note 8T {MIUI version 12.5.6 RCXMIXM xiaomi.eu variant). It started happening after I installed latest Android 12 TWRP for my phone. I rolled back to Android 9 TWRP but that didn't fix it. Reinstalling the ROM (dirty flash using older TWRP that didn't cause this issue) didn't work, and neither did clearing Bluetooth app data. How do I fix this? I really don't want to factory reset because I have a bunch of photos I haven't backed up yet and I don't want to lose them
It shouldn't be related to TWRP at all, but you can try reflashing that firmware separately from the rom. I doubt it will change anything though as it should be the same firmware included in the rom itself.

ok, upon trying for the nth time I am using Mix 3 by the way which is EOL for ******* rom

so over writing another newer version is not possible.

the problem re occured everytime i try to root the phone. and can no longer be corrected without wiping.

sad. i shouldnt have reflashed my mix3 when it was working well.

Last edited:
ok, upon trying for the nth time I am using Mix 3 by the way which is EOL for ******* rom

so over writing another newer version is not possible.

the problem re occured everytime i try to root the phone. and can no longer be corrected without wiping.

sad. i shouldnt have reflashed my mix3 when it was working well.
So does wiping solve the problem? What do i need to wipe? Thx