New Bluetooth Volume Bug In Combination With Xiaomi Bluetooth Speaker.

meav33

Members
Nov 23, 2016
On both my redmi 3s prime (international Version) and on my redmi 4 prime (both on latest version) there is a bug regarding Bluetooth audio in combination with the xiaomi squere box Bluetooth speaker.
When you turn the Volume below 1/4 on your phone, the speaker will play at full Volume. At higher levels the volume controll works fine..
It is extreamly annoying, because it is impossible to listen to music quietly.

Other non miui devices like my ipad mini, my nexus 4 or my Windows 10 laptop dont have any problem controlling the voulme of the xiaomi speaker at lower levels.

No problem here. But i have a clicking / scratching noise at the speaker.
Mostly in lockscreen, when notifications do a display wake up.
Sounds like a bad Bluetooth signal because of out of range. Very anoying. Just Mi3, Samsungs are ok.

It seems to be a general MIUI bluetooth driver problem. The connection to my Bluetooth odb car Adapter is also not the best.

Mi3 cpmiui 6.12.15, Xiaomi Bluetooth Speaker

Greetings

I'd like to report that I'm getting this exact bug with the square box Xiaomi speaker and my Redmi 4 prime. very frustrating!

We got terrible low sound volume too... connected with my Bluetooth Bose Speaker

Hello,
I have the same problem, the max volume is at <1/4...
Someone has a solution ?
Thanks !

I know this is couple years old now, but I had the same problem and found the working solution. I wrote it in a reddit post here, so you might try it out and see if it works for you.