Bootloader Lock Mi5

Lagger

Members
May 9, 2016
Hello xiaomi.eu Community,

I warn you beforehand, I am French and I have no good level of English..

Then here we are, I explain you my problem:
I had Mi4 with my account at the Middle above, and I passed in Mi5 by keeping the same account. I have at present Mi5, and at the time of putting it in French, I have of to follow the tutoriel to unlock it.

China Dev ROM > en.miui.com/unlock > after a few days, unlock

After that I thus have to install the weekly version of xiaomi.eu. After some times, I had problems with my Mi account. Thus I have of it to create an other one and I associated it with my Mi5, phone number, e-mail.

I realized that my telephone was not anymore root, thus I put the China Dev ROM. And... My bootloader was lock.
Now, I am in China Dev ROM with a root access but my bootloader is lock, and it is impossible of unlock (Blocked in 50%).

Thus today I am blocked in China Dev Rom, with a bootloader lock, and I don't know what to do anymore..

Thank you in advance

Hi,

I understand that to unlock your bootloader, you have to set up the Mi account with unlocking permissions in the phone. You can also unlock one phone every 30 days with that Mi account.

Do you have the Mi account with unlocking permission set up on your Mi5 *and* 30 days have passed since your last unlock?

Regards,

Reactions: Lagger
As it is same device there is no 30 days period to unlock again IMHO. But you should unlock k with your original mi account that you unlocked the device with at first.

Envoyé de mon Nexus 7 en utilisant Tapatalk

Good catch, I didn't know the 30-day limit didn't apply if you're unlocking the same device (good thing!). But most definitely, you *need* to have the Mi account set up in the phone.

Good catch, I didn't know the 30-day limit didn't apply if you're unlocking the same device (good thing!). But most definitely, you *need* to have the Mi account set up in the phone.
Yes, and he needs to put the one he used at first.

Envoyé de mon Nexus 7 en utilisant Tapatalk

Dang... Still gets stuck at 50%? It seems to be an awfully common problem... :-( I guess I was lucky, my unlocking proceeded smoothly on the first try...
Are you on latest global dev ? The message is very generic so may be related to many different things.

Envoyé de mon MI 4 en utilisant Tapatalk