Bootloader Locked After Access Granted By Miui

basslinerz

Members
Jun 30, 2017
I have recently acquired a REDMI NOTE 4 BASED MTK .I make all the entire process to unlocked the bootloader but not in order
1-i've create a mi account and i receive a sms from miui with permission access for my cellphone and i use it to unlock the bootloader ,it's work (the initial rom was a miui stable chinese rom 8.1.1.1) 100% after i try to install TWRPand i switch my phone on fasboot , but the command is not recognize by my pc when i link the REDMI NOTE 4 to my pc and i can't install TWRP and i think it's because the bootloader is always locked.
2- a few days after i've discoverd in your forum a very important information about the method to really unlocking the bootloader so i download the firmware from miui(last global devlopper rom 7.6.25) with sucess and i log to micloud to find my device with sucess.So i try again to unlock my bootloader and i switch again my phone in fasboot and run again MI UNLOCK app with my phone number and my password and this time the app unlock only 50% with couldn't verify device in red and a message below "NO NEED TO UNLOCK THIS PHONE" so my bootloader is still locked and i can't install TWRP recovery
So what am i suposed to do to really unlock the bootloader of my REDMI NOTE 4 BASED MTK
Any suggestion or help will be welcome

Last edited:
Go to Options > about phone and tap on MIUI Version till you get a message that you are now a developer. Then go to options > additional options > developer options > mi unlock status. I bet you will See that your phone is unlocked already.

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 4 mit Tapatalk

I had the same thing. Only the latest version of miunlock has managed.
i've download the latest versio of miunlockinstall and try again to unlock the bootloader and unfortunatly the result is the same
the miunstallunlock does 50% then stop with a msg "this device is already unlock and when you go to dev options on the phone and when you see the status is unlocked
But in reality the bootloader is still locked , any possibility to install twrp because command fasboot not recognize
What am i suposed to do ?
Have you got an idea or an advice
I had the same thing. Only the latest version of miunlock has managed.

Go to Options > about phone and tap on MIUI Version till you get a message that you are now a developer. Then go to options > additional options > developer options > mi unlock status. I bet you will See that your phone is unlocked already.

already done but the problem still there i've done all the entire process to unlocked the bootloader and i see status unlocked on my phone but when i switch on fasboot and when i run "fasboot devices " or "fasboot oem device-info" from adb setup the command fasboot isn't recognize and i think the bootloader is still locked and i really want unlocked it
Any idea or advice will be welcome
ps is this possible to make a new granted demand for unlocked the bootloader of the same phone with the same numbers

USB debugging is switched on?
You got a fastboot.exe in your ADB folder?

USB debugging is switched on?
You got a fastboot.exe in your ADB folder?

Yes USB debugging is on but i haven't fasboot .exe because adb setup and minimal abd fasboot have a direct installer
can i take the fasboot.exe in the zip of the last version of the miunlockinstall app ???
or where can i find it (ADB +fasboot.exe)
Have you got an idea to resolve it,???

Ok i've downloaded the last minimal adb and fasboot and when i run it with the command adb devices its ok the number of my redmi note 4 is recognize but when i put the command "fasboot devices" or "fasboot oem device-info" it doens't work there a msg on screen who said "fasboot is not a internal or external command ????? WHY
Have you got an idea because it's not easy

When ADB commands work your phone is not in fastboot mode. Fastboot commands only work when your phone is in fastboot mode!

Reactions: iamme729
Read carefully - his phone wasn't in fastboot mode, so he couldn't unlocked it. Except that, everything he made was right, only this little tiny problem occured :)

Odoslané z Redmi Note 3 pomocou Tapatalku

I've typed the wrong command "fasboot instead of fastboot" after just follow the process to install twrp recovery then root the phone with the superuser
IN my case (redmi note 4 mtk based) after the download of the latest global dev. rom there wasn't OEM ON THE PHONE so i decided to follow the process to unlock the bootloader and it works fine

Reactions: iamme729