Bootloader Unlock [bad English / Fr ]

SlimGary

Members
Mar 25, 2016
Hi,

I ordered a redmi's 3 for my cousin . I wondered how unlocking process worked.

Like : I created a mi account with his mail account and I logged in with his new redmi .

Then I went to the xiaomi's unlock page, and requested his unlocking process , used his phone number and validate the unlock with his number .

But ... How xiaomi will know my Redmi's model ? I mean, i never put any Sim card in the phone and I didn't puts my Mi ID's on the unlock process...

Can someone explain this to me ? And , what's the average time for xiaomi to allow ( Or Deny ) the unlock process ?

Thanks a lot !

Édit : I've ordered an other one for my girl friend but I did'dnt receive it yet, is there a way to start an unlock request without the phone ?

Last edited:
After you flashed the Developer Rom on your Redmi 3, then you need to login with the Mi account that you created on your phone. To unlock you have to reboot in fastboot mode and the unlock tool will recognise the mi account on your phone and check if you have permission to unlock.
So Yes, you can request unlock before receiving the phone.

Wow , that was a pretty fast answer ! But:

1) how the unlock tool can check if I have permissions or not if I didn't entered mu Mi Acc informations during the unlock process ? ( There is nothing into the formular except " Name " )

2) I wanna help the forum here, am I allowed to create a sh!tload of mi account , to make an unlock request on each of them and then, to give the ID's to needy people ? It should work , no ?

Thanks for your answers btw ^^

It's simple, just wait 10-15 days and the Mi Account you used for the request will be aproved.
When it's aproved you need your device flashed with a Developer ROM. Then you need to login to your Mi Account on the phone and download the tool "Mi Unlock".

That's the point, I didn't use any mi account. Well, excepted if he took the mi account that I just created ? I dunno, maybe. I

When I flashed the dev ROM. I Booted in recovery mode and connected the phone to my pc. As asked by the unlock tool. But before I Booted into recovery, I didn't login on my phone with my MI account. So I got a error msg from the unlock tool that i didn't have permission. So I Booted my phone and logged in with my MI account and then again into recovery. Then the tool unlocked the bootloader.
One thing I don't understand, you already unlocked your cousins bootloader and now you wait for your girlfriend's Redmi3?

Nah, I just received my cousin's one today and I my girlfriend's one coming next week. But I don't want to wait 2 weeks to get uinlocked BL, that's why I asked if I can ask for unlock even if I still don't get it .

So, you can ask to Xiaomi an unlock code, and they accept, even if they don't know which model you have. Sounds so damn stupid --'

Nah, I just received my cousin's one today and I my girlfriend's one coming next week. But I don't want to wait 2 weeks to get uinlocked BL, that's why I asked if I can ask for unlock even if I still don't get it .

So, you can ask to Xiaomi an unlock code, and they accept, even if they don't know which model you have. Sounds so damn stupid --'
Yeah maybe. Did you read this post :
http://en.miui.com/thread-202290-1-1.html
Might answer some other questions you have.

No i didn't thanks for the like. So , xiaomi allows an ACCOUNT and not a DEVICE with their process, so we can ask for unlock tool a way before receive it. Maybe i'll make some accounts for that, just in case

That's the point, I didn't use any mi account. Well, excepted if he took the mi account that I just created ? I dunno, maybe. I
You need to be LOGGED to submit the unlock request...
And yes, the unlock request is tied to your MI ACCOUNT, you can request the unlock even if you don't have a Xiaomi device, you just need a Mi account.

Ok i just saw. I changed my browser, tried to get unlock code, and it forced me to create mi acc. Let's hope xiaomi will be fast !
Otherwhise I will miflash the 7.1.3.0 version, I juste noticed it was available. Dunno, I'll see how much time xiaomi needs :/

Edit : Thanks a lot for your help folks !

I actually did what you did: requested the unlock (receiving the sms on my old motorola), then ordered a redmi3, after 4 days I received the phone and after 5 more days I received the unlock.

9 days then ... that's so damn long ... Xiaomi fcked up so hard with this ... They can lock the bootloader, but leave us unlock it ...