New Bootloop 21.2.3 Mi 9T

AndreyRGW

Members
Dec 31, 2020
After two days on 21.2.3 the phone started lagging and I decided to restart it and I got bootloop.

upd: I can't even get into the recovery.

I have similar problem. When tried to reboot using power menu I got bootloop. Had to flash the eu rom again but losing all data.
After that I tried turning off power and turning on again without problem. However don't tried to reboot since you will easily get bootloop.

There should be a way to enter twrp (power on + volume up or fastboot boot recovery_your_filename.img"

Another way is the SafeMode:

Safe Mode (This is not the "Recovery mode" or the "Fastboot mode" )
In case your phone shows a lot of errors and you cant handle them because there are a lot of pop up windows or you want to deinstall something from magisk as example ... try the "safe mode" only some important standard apps will be loaded:
  1. Power off your Android device and then power it on. You can also use the Reboot or Restart option.
  2. You will see the Powered by Android logo and MI logo on the boot screen, If they disappear and the Screen ist black, press and hold the Volume Down key down so long till system ist loaded
  3. The System will load and you will see a watermark... Safe mode
  4. Deinstall the app with the error / analyze the root cause of the issue and so on ...
  5. Reboot the phone to get off the "safe mode"
  6. Perhaps after loading you have to disable AirPlane Mode
PS: If you have installed Magisk try this:

Thanks for your very informative input. Appreciated.
I cannot get to twrp recovery other than the fastboot method via pc.
Also, I cannot power off the phone in the bootloop situation as it always keep the MI and power by android logo on.
The only way I did is to flash the stock rom by sideload and then reinstalled the eu beta rom again.
Also, I found that when unistalling unwanted mi bloatware apps, if I delete the sim activate software I will end up in bootloop.
Anyway thanks for the reply. Cheers

Reactions: katerpanne