Bootloop after installation of TWRP

Fredac

Members
Apr 20, 2017
Hi there,

I hope somebody can help me - after Installation of TWRP my device has a bootloop.

- Device: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s
- ROM: MIUI Global Stable 10.0.2.0

What I would like to do: I want to change the ROM to xiaomi.eu-ROM, so I tried do install TWRP first (to install xiaomi.eu-rom afterwards).

After flash and reboot of TWRP via fastboot (with success!) my device has a bootloop, instead of loading TWRP. Recovery is no more reachable, only fastboot works.
I took TWRP from here: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=818070582850507462

With fastboot-mode and using the Tool "MiFlash" I managed to get back to a working MIUI Global Stable 10.0.2.0, but when I try to flash TWRP again, I got the same bootloop-problem again.

What could I do or try to get TWRP working?

Thanks!

The procedure is as follow:

Boot in fastboot
fastboot recovery
boot in recovery
If not on internal drive TWRP has MTP, first copy rom to internal drive
install rom
reboot and wait.

You can also copy rom to external SD card and select and install
etc

Succes

Well the Problem is, i can't boot in Recovery after Fastboot flash Recovery. Directly after 1. Fastboot flash Recovery ("success") and 2. Fastboot Boot Recovery there is a bootloop. No Chance of getting Info twrp Recovery. Only Fastboot working.

I had the same issue. Try downloading the version from this forum. The one from the post with roms did not worked for me. If you look on this forum you will find a topic including twrp 3.0. That was the one that worked for me.

Sent from my MIX 2S using Tapatalk

Edit: you could also try this:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nzqC1gKeI-XogjcUX4ZURz0OUT9Rshcg

And you should try:

Fastboot flash recovery filename.img
Fastboot reboot recovery

This should work. It worked for me.

Last edited:
Thanks! In deed, it was the wrong version of TWRP. The one that is linked in the xiaomi.eu-download doesn't work.
I found an inofficial "v14" version on xda-developers forum, that one works fine.

thanks guys , tell me i have to use v13 recovery and the twrp together or alone
The v13 & 14 &recovery is the twrp recovery. So. Install v13 and if this one give bootloop try the v14. In my case the v13 worked like a charm.

Sent from my MIX 2S using Tapatalk

If you come from non eu rom you must first format data in twrp (search google for thr procedure). That will erase all data from phone (including sd storage) also removing encryption. After data format install the eu rom from twrp. Also in most of the roms you'll find the correct twrp image in the rom zip file.