Bricked My Mi5 With Xiaomi.eu Rom

leroyhab

Members
Jun 28, 2016
Hello,
I have bricked my phone after trying to install xiaomi.eu rom v7. 2.13.0 from this thread

Xiaomi.eu Multilang Rom For Xiaomi Mi5 (unlocked Bl Only!) Released!

I was on lineageos 14.1, unlocked bootloader and TWRP recovery.
My file system was password protected.

I wanted to switch to a new rom because lineageos would always shut down at any time when there is a sim card inside the phone

I downloaded the rom, booted to TWRP, launched flash with the rom and rebooted the phone.

Unfortunately, the phone did not wake up.
Now, there is no reaction when I press buttons, screen is black.
The only hope I have is that I can see the device in device manager in Windows. "Android HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM6)"

It is one month that I have received my phone from gearbest.com and I can hardly make it work correctly (vendor rom with Spyware, mi pc suite cannot flash it to global version, lineageos will reboot at any time)

I have chosen xiaomi.eu Rom because this is the one I have on my redmi note 2.
This is the most stable rom I have had and I remember that I have been searching for many roms for the RN2 and since I have found xiaomi.eu I didn't switch.

So now, I will require your help to revive my mi5.

I think my mistake was to switch from lineageos to xiaomi.eu rom and not from official china to xiaomi.eu.

If someone has the ability to help me, I will be really grateful.

Best regards
Habib

Hello
I will try this and let you know if that worked.
But for the moment I need to find a 64 bit computer

Best regards
Habib

Hello
I tried this version of Miflash
My phone is detected (this was not the case with official Xiaomi miflash applicaiton)

I always get the message "the filename directory name or volume label syntax is incorrect, 0x8007007b : Open programmer MPRG*.hex"

I looked into the advanced options but I cannot find the "Flash programmer"

I will try with China dev Rom instead of Global dev rom

If someone knows another trick...

I downloaded the roms from en.miui.com website
but the zip file did not include all the *.bat files
I found them in a stable version
I ran the flas program with the stable rom and the operation finished successfully

now my phone is charging, the battery is 5%: this is new, the screen displays something

I will let you when it will start up

Next step for me : install the xiaomi.eu ROM that looks the more stable (on my RN2 for the moment)

Try to press in this sequence vol up/vol down/Power whitout release for about 10 sec