New Bug in MIUI 12 v20.5.28

ectoruseff5416

Members
May 13, 2020
This particular shortcut "Sliding 3 fingers and hold for partial screenshots" not working. Partial screenshots working fine with other shortcuts like 'holding home button' and others.

Device : Redmi note 7 pro (violet)
Version: Xiaomi EU 20.5.28

Also Themes/formatting missing from 'Notes' app. (which usually shows up when you select some text, to make that text bold / italics etc)

A problem that I have is with my pocophone with Google Maps it heats up it heats up a lot and it consumes battery very fast can you do something

This particular shortcut "Sliding 3 fingers and hold for partial screenshots" not working. Partial screenshots working fine with other shortcuts like 'holding home button' and others.

Holding with three fingers for partial screenshot works fine.

Also Themes/formatting missing from 'Notes' app. (which usually shows up when you select some text, to make that text bold / italics etc)
Nothing is missing here...

Last edited:
Instead of taking partial screenshots, they are simply taking full screenshots because of 3 finger swipe. (They are neglecting the hold on 3 finger swipe)
No swipe is involved here. Just holding three fingers on the screen starts partial screenshot.

Check the screenshots, They are missing on my device.

View attachment 30203 View attachment 30204 View attachment 30205
Can't reproduce on mine at all. Don't even know how you managed to hide the keyboard while there's some text selected.

No swipe is involved here. Just holding three fingers on the screen starts partial screenshot.
Yeah, My mistake, didn't read correctly, it was just press & hold. I was sliding & hold.

Can't reproduce on mine at all.
Maybe it's device specific, only on violet (Redmi note 7 pro). Coz I confirmed with some other devices users, and their devices didn't have this bug.

Don't even know how you managed to hide the keyboard while there's some text selected.
Select the text and slide once from side (for back)

Note: I just noticed one more thing, When you type first time and select and do all those things, This bug is not present. But when you try editing after saving the note, bug appears.

Same on Mi 9

Again, partial screenshot is activated by holding 3 fingers on the screen, not swiping.
It worked once when I first booted to the latest build, then I proceeded to crop the screenshot and the UI went away, since then I'm unable to get it to work.