New Bug or feature - stock 24h - wallpaper always dark/night during dark mode - Version 2

deedend

Members
Nov 21, 2016
Hi all,

I really like the stock wallpaper that change color according to the hour of the day, but I believe there's something wrong (I wanted to write in THIS thread but it was closed); I use the dark mode because my phone has an AMOLED screen (Mi 9 SE), but my wallpaper stays always dark, even during the day. If I change back to normal mode the wallpaper behaves normally. I've un-ticked the option to "Adjust wallpaper to dark mode", but it stays always dark anyway, tried to reboot and re-switch back and forth a couple of times. I'm on Xiaomi.eu version 20.3.5, phone is grus global edition. Please am I the only one with this issue?

Cheers!

Hey, I have the same issue on my Xiaomi Mi 9 SE on MIUI Global 11.0.2 ever since I updated the phone to Android 10. I don't think there's any solution now, I informed them about this issue but I haven't received any answers. I hope it will be fixed in future updates, like an option for your wallpaper to be adjusted to the dark mode, not being mandatory like now.

I'm pretty sure that it's by design. Dark mode is also called Night mode for a reason.

I'm pretty sure that it's by design. Dark mode is also called Night mode for a reason.
If I wanted, I would just put a dark wallpaper or a still from that wallpaper. It's also called 24h wallpaper for a reason. Following that logic, light mode should always have day time version? It was alright as it was before Android 10 update.

If I wanted, I would just put a dark wallpaper or a still from that wallpaper. It's also called 24h wallpaper for a reason. Following that logic, light mode should always have day time version? It was alright as it was before Android 10 update.
It was working in previous weekly Android 10 Beta ROM... Don't know why Xiaomi chose to force "Global Dark Mode" (or something else), breaking 24h wallpaper/status bar color/etc. :(

No such thing as "Light mode". There's only Dark mode and "Default" mode (Dark mode off).