Resolved Bug Paypal Fingerprint

JoseSpain

Members
Oct 11, 2017
I have a Xiaomi mi 6 and the fingerprint works correctly in the EU version, except in the PayPal app .. I am not the only one who can not link your fingerprint with the PayPal app .. it is necessary .. I am in the 7.10.19 beta ... the language I use on the mobile is Spanish and I have tried others like English, Polish ... and it does not work for me

I have MI6 and no issue with fingerprint for PayPal app at all..

so.. whats issue exactly?

KtdhQC1.jpg

Hi all!

Tested on MIX and MI6 @ingbrzy

Same issue with Xiaomi eu and PayPal :S

In my case, when I tested, PayPal show me the screen to sync with my saved FPs, but I couldn't confirm. It is like the button does not work in the final sync-fp screen.

Weird, because other users can sync it, but many others nope.

I will check it, maybe a services.jar issue or issues with patches in boot (cdline?). I don't know, if I get the solution I will post it here.

Cheers!

I have MI6 and no issue with fingerprint for PayPal app at all..

so.. whats issue exactly?

KtdhQC1.jpg

I do not know .. that same I wonder what the problem is .. why me and more than 10 people who know that I do not work for us ...

Make a video from issue.. To see where is problem..

So fingerprint is linked correctly but home button minimize app instead use fingerprint reader?

How do you have set buttons?

Post screenshot in English

Set it like I do..
769dec06149e46cc20bd061d0d048c34.jpg

Last edited:
So fingerprint is linked correctly but home button minimize app instead use fingerprint reader?

How do you have set buttons?

Post screenshot in English

Set it like I do..
769dec06149e46cc20bd061d0d048c34.jpg
I have it set to suspend the screen a long press, but I have removed and tried and it does not work either ...

Yes, when you want to confirm your fp the app minimize at the same time you touch home button/fp.

And you can't touch "confirm" button.

Same issue in other roms based in eu/other roms that uses many things from eu.

Tomorrow I will check all with calm, maybe I can help

Weird.. Why it works fine for me.. I have my ROM and MI6.. Never had fingerprint issues..

Hahaha that is the same question that I do to epic users xD.

Many of them can't sync the FP and many others can. Misterious.

In my case I can't (epic/eu).

I go to sleep, like I said before, tomorrow I will try to check this.

Weird.. Why it works fine for me.. I have my ROM and MI6.. Never had fingerprint issues..
I just got to be able to put the mark on PayPal

Remove it from locking the screen by holding down the button

Change the language to UK English

And go to PayPal to put the mark can it just be a bug that the Spanish phone does not let you put it? thank you anyway !

So only if using Spanish language, you cant use fingerprint for PayPal app..? then yes, it can be caused by translation..

So only if using Spanish language, you cant use fingerprint for PayPal app..? then yes, it can be caused by translation..
that is .. if I leave the language in English if you let me use the fingerprint, but if I change it back to Spanish no longer .. and I must log in for the password for good morning!

ok so we made some progress..

now just have to find out which translation can be a cause...

ok so we made some progress..

now just have to find out which translation can be a cause...
I confirm it .. when I put the mobile in English all perfect haha in Spanish fail .. to see if the translation fault is 'easy' lol

Confirmed, like said @JoseSpain . I was looking patch by patch from eu and epic, and it was the most obvious thing... Languages T_T. Glad to know it. So, I will wait for a update in the github to sync new ones to Epic ROM.

@ingbrzy do you need some test from me or something? If yes let me know, today I have some free time at the evening.

Confirmed, like said @JoseSpain . I was looking patch by patch from eu and epic, and it was the most obvious thing... Languages T_T. Glad to know it. So, I will wait for a update in the github to sync new ones to Epic ROM.

@ingbrzy do you need some test from me or something? If yes let me know, today I have some free time at the evening.
It's not caused by xml translation..
Does it work on Global ROM on Mi6?

Tested on Mi5 with our ROM and fingerprint works fine there on Spanish language..