[BUG] Systemnavigation gone

Minotauros

Members
Jul 22, 2021
I have used the search function and searched for systemnavigation.
Zero hits except my own question.

So

I am using 12.5.4 on Poco F3 with Nova Launcher. And I wanted to change my home button settings. This is done from the Systemnavigation panel, but it's hard to find.

If I go to Settings - > Homescreen there is no Systemnavigation category.

If I search for Systemnavigation it brings me exactly there. But I can not access it from the Settings - > Homescreen panel directly because it is not there.

So what's the problem here. Why is not accessible directly?

Navigation gestures work in android 11 only in Mi Launcher (they are part of it).
When using Third Party Launcher it will not work and you have to use the application from GPlay (Fluid Navigation Gestures or Gesture Control).

This is not about my question.
I have no deal in navigation gestures.
I am talking about a settings page: System Navigation.
I can open it if I search for it.
I can not open it if I want to follow the path: Settings - Homescreen - System Navigation.
I have buttons enabled, not gestures and I want to change the settings for the buttons.

This is a BUG.

I just want to open the system navigation panel the normal and correct way.
This does not work obviously for some strange reason.
And I'd like to know if this is going to be fixed.

Any comments from the devs whether this Bug will be fixed or not?
You are aware that this isn't Xiaomi official support right? First of all do not make multi threads about the same issue, secondly if something is to be done about it you will know, no need for bumps and questions will it be fixed. I assume you will be able to access the submenu if you are using the default launcher.

Yes I am aware, absolutely. But I wanna help you guys to get things right. Sorry for the double post but since this is a bug I was sure it should be mentioned in the right subforum.

Secondly it would be great to get a feedback that someone acknowledged the problem as a problem.
It's not that I cannot work around the problem, I explained in my description of the bug already how to do that. The default launcher is however no solution though.

As I said, I think it is very irritating for new users, as I am myself, if suddenly a very essential settings panel is just not present. Even with the restriction "not default launcher". Nobody I know uses default launchers.
I am sure that is not what you want and not intended. You, the devs. That's why I am using the term. This problem does not occur in the stock rom, as far as I remember, not 100 percent sure though.
So take it as helpful contribution not as a demand.

Yes I am aware, absolutely. But I wanna help you guys to get things right. Sorry for the double post but since this is a bug I was sure it should be mentioned in the right subforum.

Secondly it would be great to get a feedback that someone acknowledged the problem as a problem.
It's not that I cannot work around the problem, I explained in my description of the bug already how to do that. The default launcher is however no solution though.

As I said, I think it is very irritating for new users, as I am myself, if suddenly a very essential settings panel is just not present. Even with the restriction "not default launcher". Nobody I know uses default launchers.
I am sure that is not what you want and not intended. You, the devs. That's why I am using the term. This problem does not occur in the stock rom, as far as I remember, not 100 percent sure though.
So take it as helpful contribution not as a demand.
As far as I know, it is part of the stock ROM, so it invalidates most of your comment (to be more precise, it works the same way for all MIUI phones under Android 11)

System navigation menu is hidden intentionally for non-system launchers to prevent some users from spamming that forum posts like "I can't use gestures on third-party launcher". It won't be "fixed" as there's nothing to fix about unless you wanna reply all these users why does it happen like we're doing every day.

Blame Xiaomi they did that lame gestures implementation for A11 devices, otherwise we wouldn't have to hide that menu.

Last edited:
Well if this is so I blame Xiaomi for being stupid for a couple of reason. First and foremost for hiding the capability to change the home button settings. And on the other hand making the page available through the search function.
It is unbelievable incompetent.
But thanks for clarification.

So sad that i was also expecting the old miui full screen gestures for my f3 since im using f1 with 12.0.4

I was really recommending to my friends to buy the xiaomi phone because it has gotten so much better than ever before. But i take it all back.. the gestures was my turning point way back my f1.. now either im planning to buy a oneplus 9 or flash a other rom(im using eu rom) for the sake of gestures with nova launcher.

Is this never gonna be "FIXED" ???