New Bug: Weather Clock Widget Has Non-english Text For "humidity"

litera

Members
Nov 23, 2016
Device: Xiaomi Mi 5s
ROM: Xiaomi.EU 6.11.10
UI lang: English (UK)

If you put the Weather clock widget on home screen it invalidly displays text Humidity in Polish. I'm using English (UK) UI language so it may be ok in US.
8b0edae2-b69b-11e6-8456-68fe99135dc5.png

If you put the Weather clock widget on home screen it invalidly displays text Humidity in Polish. I'm using English (UK) UI language so it may be ok in US.
Yes i can confirm, i have faced the wrong translation on the weather widget since weekly version 6.11.24 and still there in 6.12.1 on redmi note 3 special edition build as well. I think it simply is not translated, to Italian in my case.

Redmi Note 3 Special Edition (kate) via tapatalk

That is a Polish theme included so only Polish language.
Dont expect the translation

Enviado do meu MI 4LTE através de Tapatalk

ok thanks for explaining. it's a pity though cause it's exactly what i was looking for in miui and i wasn't able to find so far. isn't there any chance really for just 1 word translated for humidity? the rest of the widget uses either system language or english so it's the only specific word...

Redmi Note 3 Special Edition (kate) via tapatalk

This is a default theme. I haven't changed themes at all. It's the default one and has nothing to do with some Polish theme...

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

This is a default theme. I haven't changed themes at all. It's the default one and has nothing to do with some Polish theme...

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk
Please more thinking less stupid s**t.
Screenshot_2016-12-03-19-14-18-946_com.android.thememanager.png

Theme developed by Acid...
If you know who he is...

however, without being offensive with people who are just not informed, you are right and it can be easily fixed.
It would have been polite in the collaborative spirit of a forum, to say that it is just a badly developed theme external to the build, even though it is included in the build itself by rom modders, so somehow under its scope.
It is simply a static (in the sense of language) clock widget theme, where the Humidity word is hardcoded in Polish inside the manifest.xml.
I fixed it with the Italian word for humidity quick and dirty, by changing the static string for humidity in polish with my Italian static string Umidità in the manifest. xml file of the zip compressed .mrc contents file of the widget theme.
See screenshot attached below.
IMG_20161220_194937.jpg

Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Special Edition (Kate) via Tapatalk