New Bug with website when using firefox on PC! [Admin: This isnt a Bug its a client caching issue]

John O Connell

Members
Jul 22, 2016
Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to xiaomi.eu. The server uses key pinning (HPKP) but no trusted certificate chain could be constructed that matches the pinset. Key pinning violations cannot be overridden. Error code: MOZILLA_PKIX_ERROR_KEY_PINNING_FAILURE

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

"SiteSecurityServiceState.txt" file located in the Firefox profile directory (under \AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles)

Cleared my cache and also that file, still getting the error.
Doesn't happen in a private window.

Edit: - Resolved with a reboot!

Last edited:
I'm getting this error with chrome from MI Mix 2 but no warning using Firefox.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-07-11-16-38-23-106_com.android.chrome.png
    Screenshot_2018-07-11-16-38-23-106_com.android.chrome.png
    164.1 KB · Views: 441
I cleared cache and also deleted SiteSecurityServiceState.txt as adviced somewhere, ok after those.
Firefox is just plain tarded :) Chrome is less but still up there sometimes with its dirty caching policy.

Same problem for me using Win7 PC and Firefox. Deleting cache and rebooting doesn't solve it. Chrome works, but my main browser, Firefox, not. Please solve it.

Same problem for me using Win7 PC and Firefox. Deleting cache and rebooting doesn't solve it. Chrome works, but my main browser, Firefox, not. Please solve it.
it is an issue your side friend. Please solve your Firefox cache :)

For Chrome issues to be sure your HSTS is clear do this:

1. Open a new tab in Google Chrome

2. Enter this address in the address bar:
chrome://net-internals/#hsts

3. Type the domain name in the text field below “Delete domain”.

4. Enter domain name: xiaomi.eu

5. Click on the "Delete" button

6. Reload page of xiaomi.eu and you should be good to go!

For Firefox users:

Try to rename/remove SiteSecurityServiceState.txt in the Firefox profile folder with Firefox closed.

You can use the button on the "Help -> Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page to go to the current Firefox profile folder or use the about -> Profiles page.