New Calendar - Don't Load Contact Birthday Info From A Google Account

SNike

Members
Apr 12, 2016
Redmi3, MIUI 8.2.1, Russian Language.

Downloaded ido_xhdpi_images_8.2.1_20180201.0000.00_5.1_cn_98d739cd99.tgz
Then, using MyFlash, downloaded this firmware to the phone, the mode "clear all". After that, turned on the phone, made the initial settings. After that, using the TWRP, installed xiaomi.eu_multi_HM3_8.2.1_v9-5.1.zip

Has added an account of Google. Contacts from the account are downloaded to the phone book. Information about birthdays in the phone book is also there.

However, there are no events on the birthdays of contacts in the calendar. In the calendar settings, the account is selected.

Last edited:
Apparently, the problem occurs when you first install the firmware, when installing from scratch. The problem was encountered before, but I do not remember the version of the firmware where it was. The problem is solved by installing and launching the google calendar application. Then google calendar can be deleted, everything will work.

This method is useful when the original application "calendar" does not work properly.

Moved contacts to Mi, removed from Google. Removed the account of Google. Enabled the synchronization of contacts from Mi. Contacts have appeared, there are still no birthdays in the calendar. From Mi they also did not load into the calendar.

I`m on Mi6, so don' know if works for you on RedMi.
Open Mi Calendar , press "+" in lower corner, choose Birthday in upper bar, select "Import birthday from contacts", select contacts and press import

I`m on Mi6, so don' know if works for you on RedMi.
Open Mi Calendar , press "+" in lower corner, choose Birthday in upper bar, select "Import birthday from contacts", select contacts and press import

In order to be able to import contacts, I cleared the application data in the settings. Then I made imports. The data appeared in the calendar.
However, when the contact's birthday was changed, the changes were not reflected in the calendar.

I reinstalled the system again in the following order
1) Boot into TWRP.
2) Wipe system, data, cache, dalvick
3) Reboot from TWRP to TWRP
4) Installed the file_vvv.zip
5) Wait for the system started
6) Starting first start wizard
- language = russian
- WiFi = skip
- select voice and internet SIM
- google account = no
7) Add google account

All Ok, data in the calendar appeared.
Before that, I installed the system on top of the original firmware, and wipe only "data". The only difference is this.

Now in the calendar settings, in the selection of accounts, you can select "local data". Previously, such a menu item was missing.

What happened, why the problem appeared last time - it remains unclear. It seems that something went wrong while installing a new firmware on top of the original one.