Camera 2 Api Finally Working (almost Working Xd ) On Mi 4c Miui 8 Nougat.

wolfanger

Members
Jan 11, 2016
Adding 'persist.camera.HAL3.enabled=1' in build prop finally enables camera2 api but images are flippered 180 degrees.
photo_2017_02_18_15_54_13.jpg

I tested on a custom ROM, Mokee 71.1, but with the same bug: flipped image (tested on Open Camera and Manual Camera). I couldn't find a fix, I guess nobody seems to be interested to fix this particular bug (or maybe it's not possible to fix it).
I read xiaomi mi5 users after enabling camera2 api have flipped images on front camera (xiaomi 4c has issues with back camera) and fixed that editing a camera xml conf file. That file was on /system/etc/camera/ but on mi4c that path is missing.

Is it possible to "invite" xiaomi to do this? I mean may we start a petition.. or something like that?

Is it possible to "invite" xiaomi to do this? I mean may we start a petition.. or something like that?
There are many open thread on miui forum about requesting camera2 api support for many devices that could handle it. Xiaomi don't abandon easily development for its devices but do not listen to request. :(

Reactions: Pelloz
You can maybe try to add this line to your build.prop (root/system/build.prop) :

ro.board.camera_hflipped=yes

( maybe you will have to set no).

You can maybe try to add this line to your build.prop (root/system/build.prop) :

ro.board.camera_hflipped=yes

( maybe you will have to set no).
Not working and I didn't find any other build.prop fix about rotation.