Camera Autofocus Problem

Estevelg

Members
Jan 30, 2017
Hello,

The camera on my redmi pro behaves a little weird. First, it seems stuck at macro position, only able to focus on very close subjects. But if I switch to front camera and then to back again, after a few seconds a "click" is heard and the camera works flawless. I've read some comments about autofocus stuck in some redmi's (3, 4, Note 3&4...) but not to behave this way. I also tried different camera apps, but the issue continues.

Anyone has this issue or have solved it?

Thank you!!

Last edited:
Mine also gets stuck in macro sometimes. Messenger camera app is mostly useless (out of focus).

Sent from my Redmi Pro using Tapatalk

I think I have found a solution for this problem!

Kudos to nevelaev in a XDA post (I could not post links yet, but if you search for how to enable Camera2 API in XDA it will show up), I added this build.prop line:
Code:
persist.camera.HAL3.enabled=1
, save, reboot and installed Camera FV5 to test manual focus. Not sure if forcing the manual focus it unstuck the lens, but now both stock camera app and FV5 focus good!

Hope it works too for other people with this problem!

If your camera gets stuck, while the camera is opened, hold the phone tightly and make a little hit to the phone with your other hand. I solved this problem like this presently. I am a police and this is my style. ((:) Turkish repair style