Camera Crash Global Firmware

Yes, thats a big problem. There are at least 2 versions of "whyred" device, one of it (the one offered as chinses version) has a different camera setup.

I have to say it clear, here is a very big problem for all who bought the chinese version... Maybe someone will fix it, but I haven´t seen that this error is even noticed by someone...

Yes, thats a big problem. There are at least 2 versions of "whyred" device, one of it (the one offered as chinses version) has a different camera setup.

I have to say it clear, here is a very big problem for all who bought the chinese version... Maybe someone will fix it, but I haven´t seen that this error is even noticed by someone...
Too bad. I didn't know about the camera. So at the moment my only chance is to find the china ROM and flash it.

I have this same issue, just posted this problem in other thread!

Everything is working fine, excellent i can say, only camera is crashing!

Can You help me please, is there some kind of Solomonic solution, to replace Camera app from Chinese version or man must for this change something in ROM vendor.new.dat image?!

Thank You all in advance!

Same problem here =/, is there any solution?
I really don't want to rollback to Chinese version, the camera is the only problem.
I tried to change permissions of camera app, reset settings, install other camera apps, wipe cellphone data and nothing.
I found some Redmi internal testing at settings and all camera test has failed (front camera, back, mixed), it seems a config file issue between global and chinese rom.

Thanks!!!

Same problem here =/, is there any solution?
I really don't want to rollback to Chinese version, the camera is the only problem.
I tried to change permissions of camera app, reset settings, install other camera apps, wipe cellphone data and nothing.
I found some Redmi internal testing at settings and all camera test has failed (front camera, back, mixed), it seems a config file issue between global and chinese rom.

Thanks!!!
Heh, i just tried Lineage OS and everything connected to camera is working relatively OK, albeit OS iteration is still in beta state. This tells me that there is solution for our problem. And yes, I have tried decompress and mount vendor partition and inside i didn't find anything correlated to camera itself, just blobs for different network types in different countries. Again, maybe i didn't see right but it seems to me that this is relatively easy to fix. They "just" need to put inside ROM binary's for Chinese camera sensors and during firmware flashing some script must choose which binary blob to install. Replacing camera app itself didn't work, at least not in my case and this is completely understandable because camera is not properly initialized.

Now there is some new info about this "issue", so to speak.

I don't know am i allowed to post direct links from other forums but i will do it anyway.

http://en.miui.com/thread-2340434-3-1.html

Look at last post please. This user (Aarow9), with senior member status is telling us that Global Oreo update is expected to release in early May and in which this camera issue will be solved! I hope that this will be true :(...

Reactions: felipe969
Hi.
I've installed the latest beta build (MIUI 10.4 9.4.11 Beta Global, Android 9 Pie).
After the OTA update, the camera app crashes every time that is started.

Exist a fix?
Thanks.