Invalid camera mi8lite

UnAn02

Members
Jun 20, 2019
Hi! i just installed 9.12.5 on my mi 8 lite and i have been having problems with stock camera and *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum*. They don't work anymore even like messenger's camera or whatsapp's.
After i flashed 9.12.5 re-installed magisk like usual ( it has the HAL3 and camera2api enabler modules ) the cameras stopped working so i re-flashed 9.12.5 without installing magisk and the stock camera and app's camera work but obviously not *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* , in the 9.11.14 i didnt encounter this problem . Does this come from the fact that in this new rom the mi 8 lite has been updated to android 10? . Do you have any suggestions so that i can use stock camera/app's camera and use magisk too? Thank you very much

So basically, you have no problems here. You can't use Camera2 API on Mi 8 Lite, it's not supported, and you can't force it to use HAL3 on Android 10 as far as I know. G. Camera is not designed for MIUI devices, and if your hacked version of it doesn't work, it is absolutely none of our concern. You can always try to go back to Android 9, and that would mean a clean start.