Mattia Racca

Members
Dec 6, 2016
Hi friends, I was wishing to improve the photo results of our main camera (13 MP rear camera).

I have now Xiaomi.eu 6.12.15, but the camera quality was almost the same with Spemall custom rom.

I have the feeling that details (like borders and lines of objects) are shelled and not well-defined. You can notice it if, looking to photos in your gallery, you try to zoom (even a slight zoom is enough).

Flashed Snapdragon camera v2.2 (Redmi Note 3 Pro version) through TWRP (Wipe cache/Dalvik before and after) but it has almost the same options of the stock camera. Example: manual mode is not present.
So I'm disappointed from that and don't see particular improvements compared to the stock camera. I will try in the evening, but don't expect something better honestly....

Do you have my same feelings?

Do you have any suggestion? Maybe how to enable manual mode with Snapdragon camera, or maybe another camera app etc.

I have unlocked bootloader but locked root and I would prefer to stay unrooted. First experience with roms, flash, twrp and this is my main phone, so root is maybe too much / too risky for my current skills (imho).

PS: I know it's a base phone with a very good price/quality ratio, but I have the feeling that photos can be improved.

Bests
Mattia