Can anyone confirm Tmobile USA 3G will work with the MI2S

JT Kaaihue

Members
Apr 22, 2013
I have pre-ordered a MI2S 32Gb version and am concern that Tmobile USA 3G will not work on this phone. Can anyone confirm the Mi2 or the Mi2s 16gb works on Tmoble USA?

i am using T-Mobile, i have XiaoMi M1

i have 3G depending on where i am, speeds up to HDSPA 8+ / hspa+ 15
i have not been able to get the hspa+ 42 / hspa+ 21

Tmobile 4G = hspa+ 42, kinda like 3.5G speed
4G LTE = true 4G, much faster, different technology.

our phones use the NEW 1900 mhz for 3G on the refarmed areas
you can check the 3G coverage here : http://www.airportal.de/

if you're not in the zone of the 1900mhz areas, you will only get 2G Edge Speeds

Thx Dm22!!! That really helps! How do you like your Mi1? And what state are you in where you are getting at least 3G data service?

I tried my old AT&T Samsung Focus and am getting only Edge speed on Tmobile here in the Orlando area. While my G2X is showing "4G aka 3.5G as shown on the display" network but only seeing on speedtest.net about 3800kbps. So maybe it would work, what doo you think?

Thx Dm22!!! That really helps! How do you like your Mi1? And what state are you in where you are getting at least 3G data service?

I tried my old AT&T Samsung Focus and am getting only Edge speed on Tmobile here in the Orlando area. While my G2X is showing "4G aka 3.5G as shown on the display" network but only seeing on speedtest.net about 3800kbps. So maybe it would work, what doo you think?

AT&T Samsung Focus only gets Edge speed because it only has the 1900mhz band
G2X is getting "4G" because it has 1700+2100(both) mhz band
Xiaomi M1 and M2 are using standard international bands, thus only have 1900 + 2100 mhz

T-Mobile requires user in MOST area to have 1700+2100(both) mhz on their phone to get 3/4G
some area like where i live (Bay area, California) has the new re-farmed 1900mhz 3/4G

you can check the 1900 mhz tmobile coverage for 3/4G here http://www.airportal.de/
it seems only certain regions of Orlando has the 1900 coverage.

Im am getting MI2S soon and I was wondering if I would be able to use it in USA? I dont mind slow internet i just want to know if I will be able to make phonecalls (gsm or 3g)?