Can Anyone Help Me With Some Redmi 2 (enhanced) Questions?

Sere83

Members
Mar 20, 2012
Hello there,

A friend recently purchase a Redmi 2 Enhanced 16GB version I believe it is the china mobile version with FDD-LTE B3/B7.

Questions:

The rom it shipped with I believe is miui version 5.5.22. Will the Rom from this site labelled
HM2014813_5.5.29_v6-4.4.zip work with this model?

Can I just download this rom to the phone and update it through the updater app on the phone?

Secondly, this phone seems to be rooted. My friends wants to use banking apps, so is there some way to unroot this phone? Any help appreciated, thanks.

Yes you can download the HM2014813 ROMS and install it via the updater app.
Or you can rename the zip into update.zip and install it with the recovery.

To have an unroot phone, tou can download the stable ROM, it is not rooted by default.

Apparently, it is better to do a full wipe when you switch from a beta ROM to a stable ROM.

Yes you can download the HM2014813 ROMS and install it via the updater app.
Or you can rename the zip into update.zip and install it with the recovery.

To have an unroot phone, tou can download the stable ROM, it is not rooted by default.

Apparently, it is better to do a full wipe when you switch from a beta ROM to a stable ROM.

Many thanks for your help. At what point would you do the full wipe do you think? Update rom in updater app, then wipe?

Yes you should wipe after changing from Stable to Beta or from Beta to Stable, else it may misbehave.