can i backup the stock rom via adb/fastboot?

poco c40

Members
May 8, 2023
i can't find the stock fastboot rom, can i backup my current rom so i can go back to it if something goes wrong and installing different region rom bricks the device?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

it says global, but its not. the global is RGFMIXM and this one is RGFTRXM. there's no search results for the miui-v13.0.6.0.rgftrxm
trying to install global rom, currently waiting to unlock my bootloader, there's a 5 days waiting period.

You can't do anything with a locked bootloader, but here's the latest Global fastboot ROM if you need it:

P.S. your ROM is for Turkish market, and yeah there's no fastboot ROM for it that I can find.
P.S. 2 you bought yourself probably the worst device Xiaomi released in the last several years.
yeah that 13.0.20.0 is the one i'm planning to install... that should work, right?

also yeah i'm aware, its a bad device. but it wasn't that bad for the price. it was on sale... and the expectations "were" low.
this c40 was for someone else, his previous phone was this https://www.gsmarena.com/zte_blade_vec_4g-6645.php

but then things changed a bit, now my mother wants to use c40, but her game(candy crush) is being killed in the background during phone calls. i'll try increasing the memory extension from 0.5gb to 2-3gb, that requires a root. so i'm unlocking the bootloader. if it doesn't help she'll go back to her previous phone and c40 will be used by the intended person.

if i knew that she was planning to use the new phone, i'd convince her to increase her budget or even consider second hand options and pick something else, probably something with good custom rom options etc. definitely wouldn't pick a 32gb variant with 3gb ram at the very least... the person i was expecting to use this phone just makes phone calls and rarely checks his facebook etc. no multitasking or gaming... it would be enough for him.

my own device is a poco x3 pro 256gb btw. even my backup phone is better :) has a snapdragon 835.

btw as a poco user, i'm familiar with the miui, disabled miui optimizations, disabled battery optimization for the candy crush, enabled autostart etc. it's the low ram.

also i can't find the recovery rom either. can you find that one?

Last edited:
yeah that 13.0.20.0 is the one i'm planning to install... that should work, right?

also yeah i'm aware, its a bad device. but it wasn't that bad for the price. it was on sale... and the expectations "were" low.
this c40 was for someone else, his previous phone was this https://www.gsmarena.com/zte_blade_vec_4g-6645.php

but then things changed a bit, now my mother wants to use c40, but her game(candy crush) is being killed in the background during phone calls. i'll try increasing the memory extension from 0.5gb to 2-3gb, that requires a root. so i'm unlocking the bootloader. if it doesn't help she'll go back to her previous phone and c40 will be used by the intended person.

if i knew that she was planning to use the new phone, i'd convince her to increase her budget or even consider second hand options and pick something else, probably something with good custom rom options etc. definitely wouldn't pick a 32gb variant with 3gb ram at the very least... the person i was expecting to use this phone just makes phone calls and rarely checks his facebook etc. no multitasking or gaming... it would be enough for him.

my own device is a poco x3 pro 256gb btw. even my backup phone is better :) has a snapdragon 835.

btw as a poco user, i'm familiar with the miui, disabled miui optimizations, disabled battery optimization for the candy crush, enabled autostart etc. it's the low ram.

also i can't find the recovery rom either. can you find that one?
Don't know if Mi Flash will allow you to flash it with a locked bootloader, but yeah, it's compatible with your device.
There's no Turkish recovery ROM either on their OTA servers, but here's the Global one:

Don't know if Mi Flash will allow you to flash it with a locked bootloader, but yeah, it's compatible with your device.
There's no Turkish recovery ROM either on their OTA servers, but here's the Global one:
btw since you're a lead dev. i'd like to ask one more question while i have the chance... i can remove the apk files of bloatware once i root the phone, right? to open up some storage space... just uninstalling via adb doesn't help enough with the storage.

btw since you're a lead dev. i'd like to ask one more question while i have the chance... i can remove the apk files of bloatware once i root the phone, right? to open up some storage space... just uninstalling via adb doesn't help enough with the storage.
I think you're a bit confused.
Xiaomi.eu is a custom ROM project that has existed for over 10 years.
We're not Xiaomi Global support and I'm not a Xiaomi employee.

I think you're a bit confused.
Xiaomi.eu is a custom ROM project that has existed for over 10 years.
We're not Xiaomi Global support and I'm not a Xiaomi employee.
well i know that but i think you would have some more knowledge than me or some random individual anyways :)
like, once i uninstall lets say GetApps, would removing it's apk cause any issues? i think it should be fine?

btw, you wouldn't release an eu rom for this device, right? :D since its such a low end device, probably wouldn't worth the efford?

well i know that but i think you would have some more knowledge than me or some random individual anyways :)
like, once i uninstall lets say GetApps, would removing it's apk cause any issues? i think it should be fine?
I don't use official ROMs, so I have no idea.

btw, you wouldn't release an eu rom for this device, right? :D since its such a low end device, probably wouldn't worth the efford?
That's right.

@poco c40 in order to be able to really delete system apps from the partition you need to mount the partition as r/w, normally its read only. But even deleting apps will only free some memory on the system partition, there will be no difference to the user-/internal-storage memory available as its a different partition!

I'd heavily recommend to avoid the hassle and just uninstall them either via ADB or, when rooted, via one of the many debloat apps out there.

i know this is the xiaomi eu custom rom forum and other roms are not related. but since you guys don't make a rom for this device, i just wanted to let other owners of the c40 know, gsi roms are working pretty well...
android 11 roms are almost fully functional? didn't test every little detail so can't be sure. currently running pixel experience plus 12.1 on it. much better than stock! screen recorder doesn't work. some little annoyances like big status bar notification icons etc. but overall the experience is much improved. especially the multitasking... background apps are not being killed aggressively like the stock miui. i'd encourage u to try it.
the build i'm running is PixelExperience_Plus_treble_arm64_bvN-12.1-20230217-1612-meowice-gsi

hope someone can make a twrp for it soon :)