Can I downgrade to previous ROMs if I installed MIUI10 EU?

okjoh

Members
Jul 17, 2018
Basically some weeks ago I installed the xiaomi.eu muui 10 rom but didn't like it and so I installed resurrection remix. Now I want to test something and want to install MIUI 9 roms but I read this thing about anti rollback.
So, since I installed the Xiaomi EU rom some weeks ago, does that mean that if I install previous roms I get my phone bricked?
How do I check if my phone has the anti rollback thing?

Your only "fugged huh" if you flashed a recent MIUI Rom or Firmware.

You can test your device with this command: -

fastboot getvar anti

If it returns 3 your fine. 4 and ARP has been triggered.

Just don't flash MIUI with updated firmware in the rom or updated firmware zips.

Last edited:
Reactions: okjoh
Your only "fugged huh" if you flashed a recent MIUI Rom or Firmware.

You can test your device with this command: -

fastboot getvar anti

If it returns 3 your fine. 4 and ARP has been triggered.

Just don't flash MIUI with updated firmware in the rom or updated firmware zips.
IDK why I still dont get this anti-rollback mechanism thing. I just have a few qs. My device is the chinese variant one,running on china stable 9.5.22.0. My bootloader is unlocked, I'd like to switch to global/china beta. so,does fastboot flashing hardbrick my device? Can I install custom roms the way I've been doing, flashing the roms via custom recovery?

IDK why I still dont get this anti-rollback mechanism thing. I just have a few qs. My device is the chinese variant one,running on china stable 9.5.22.0. My bootloader is unlocked, I'd like to switch to global/china beta. so,does fastboot flashing hardbrick my device? Can I install custom roms the way I've been doing, flashing the roms via custom recovery?

You have an Anti 4 triggered rom.

Don't flash any older MIUI roms/firmware with Anti 3 or you will brick your device.

You can flash any custom rom you choose, just avoid downgrading your firmware.

See this XDA thread, I already linked, for means to flash twrp and/or enable fastboot commands.

Reactions: Nihad666