Can switching between stable to beta and back to stable ROM cause any issues?

manoy121

Members
Sep 18, 2018
Hi,

At the moment I am using “xiaomi.eu_multi_HM5Plus_V9.5.5.0.NEGCNFA_v9-7.1.zip” (Stable version) on Redmi note-5 {HM5Plus or Vince}

Wanted to give a try using “xiaomi.eu_multi_HM5Plus_8.9.13_v10-7.1.zip” (Beta version)

Later if I want to revert to “xiaomi.eu_multi_HM5Plus_V9.5.5.0.NEGCNFA_v9-7.1.zip” is it possible?
Does flashing “xiaomi.eu_multi_HM5Plus_8.9.13_v10-7.1.zip” introduces ARB (Anti Roll Back) feature? As of now ARB value for my handset is blank
Or any other issues can be expected?

Can someone please clarify. Thanks

From what I understand about this arb issue, if you move from rom1 to rom2, just be sure that the arb # of rom2 is equal to or higher than the arb # of rom1, else be prepared for a brick.

Thanks for your response badodoy....

as per what i have read, Stable ROM is of lower version than Beta ROM...hence wanted the confirmation prior flashing....

Hi,

At the moment I am using “xiaomi.eu_multi_HM5Plus_V9.5.5.0.NEGCNFA_v9-7.1.zip” (Stable version) on Redmi note-5 {HM5Plus or Vince}

Wanted to give a try using “xiaomi.eu_multi_HM5Plus_8.9.13_v10-7.1.zip” (Beta version)

Later if I want to revert to “xiaomi.eu_multi_HM5Plus_V9.5.5.0.NEGCNFA_v9-7.1.zip” is it possible?
Does flashing “xiaomi.eu_multi_HM5Plus_8.9.13_v10-7.1.zip” introduces ARB (Anti Roll Back) feature? As of now ARB value for my handset is blank
Or any other issues can be expected?

Can someone please clarify. Thanks
Read the chart in the very first post... Look at Vince and you will see that ARB protection has not been enabled for your device. But regardless of that, ingbrzy and the developers remove ARB from their roms...

Read the chart in the very first post... Look at Vince and you will see that ARB protection has not been enabled for your device. But regardless of that, ingbrzy and the developers remove ARB from their roms...

Thanks for your response & clarification Bfd979. appreciated