Can you buy a Pocophone F1 with EU rom already installed?

ChrisMalone

Members
Jan 19, 2019
Hi, I recently ordered a Pocophone F1 from Ebay that advertised it as the EU version, but the Global one arrived. It's the EU Rom I want as I've heard it has less bloatware and some other features that make it better for someone in the UK. Can someone clarify - can you actually buy an EU version of the phone or is it just the Global version and you need to flash the EU rom yourself?

Also, is it worth paying extra for the larger capacity phones or just getting the smaller memory one and upgrading with a micro SD card?

Thanks, C

1. You can buy new phones with EU rom already installed, but that means the seller has unlocked the bootloader and installed a TWRP.

You can have problems later on if you did not unlock the bootloader yourself, resulting in a soft or even hard brick.
E.g. if you accidentally lock the bootloader when you flash an official ROM, or if Xiaomi somehow changes its policy, etc.

2. I had only problems with SD cards, do not recommend them.
Something like 95% of the Samsung SD cards on eBay are Chinese fakes I have read.

Reactions: ChrisMalone
Thanks for the help! Looks like the best thing to do is just go ahead and get a 128GB Global version and put the EU rom on myself.

Reactions: cobben