Cannot bind my account to my device to unlock bootloader on Mi 9t.

Mistivic

Members
Apr 8, 2023
Hey All,

Lately Ive been wanting to refresh my Xiaomi Mi9t and put a custom ROM on there. For this I need to unlock the bootloader.
However when to do this, I need to bind my account to my device via 'developer options' -> 'Mi unlock status'.
Everytime I try this, I get the same error:

"Couldn't verify, wait a minute or two and try again."

What I've tried:
- Multiple accounts from different locations
- Multiple times login/logout
- Different SIM card slots
- All the steps with VPN enabled in CN/USA
- Find my device on/off
- sync on/off
- Language on CN/US

Posting on this forum is my last resort, sadly i've tried everything that is available on this issue.
If there is anything that could help me, I would greatly appreciate it!

Kind regards

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-04-05 at 15.05.12.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-04-05 at 15.05.12.jpeg
    129.9 KB · Views: 520
Browse from a PC to https://i.mi.com/
Login to your account and make sure all account security items are verified properly (email, phone number).
Obviously you have to use same Xiaomi account which you are trying to unlock.
Also make sure that Find device is turned on on your device, verify that's if is working on PC browser too.
Is your device China or global version?

Last edited:
Hey All,

Lately Ive been wanting to refresh my Xiaomi Mi9t and put a custom ROM on there. For this I need to unlock the bootloader.
However when to do this, I need to bind my account to my device via 'developer options' -> 'Mi unlock status'.
Everytime I try this, I get the same error:

"Couldn't verify, wait a minute or two and try again."

What I've tried:
- Multiple accounts from different locations
- Multiple times login/logout
- Different SIM card slots
- All the steps with VPN enabled in CN/USA
- Find my device on/off
- sync on/off
- Language on CN/US

Posting on this forum is my last resort, sadly i've tried everything that is available on this issue.
If there is anything that could help me, I would greatly appreciate it!

Kind regards
Try using a VPN bruh...

There might be some country specific restriction.

Not US/CN. Try Europe.

Where are you located if I may ask ?!

--
Sent from my M2102K1G

Thanks for all your replies! I've tried everything but sadly they did not work.
However! I got it to work on a different way. Apparently I disabled some Mi services to access the Internet via cellular data, such as xiaomi account. This was why I could not bind my account.

I changed this like this:
- open scroll down menu and press on your used data
- press restrict data usage and scroll all the way down
- press system apps
- enable all system apps to access data
- try again

Im living in the Netherlands btw

Thanks a lot for the help!

Thanks for all your replies! I've tried everything but sadly they did not work.
However! I got it to work on a different way. Apparently I disabled some Mi services to access the Internet via cellular data, such as xiaomi account. This was why I could not bind my account.

I changed this like this:
- open scroll down menu and press on your used data
- press restrict data usage and scroll all the way down
- press system apps
- enable all system apps to access data
- try again

Im living in the Netherlands btw

Thanks a lot for the help!
Glad it worked out for you :)

Welcome to Xiaomi.eu

--
Sent from my Mi 11 Ultra (star)

Hi I thought I would post all the problems I had too. I have a brand new Redmi Note 12T pro from China. I live in UK and work in Belgium. I tried all that has been suggested, oem unlock, usb debugging, wifi off, delete xiaomi account, I even played with all the usb debugging settings 1 b y one. The thing that worked for me was when I created a new account after deleting (use laptop and website) account. I created a new account with different email address and different no (belgium sim) , however the thing that I think got it to work was setting my region to US for myh xiaomi account. Here is what I did in order:-

Create Xiaomi a/c from web and set region to US
Then sign into phone with this new account and also set phone no. from the xiaomi website in recovery phone section
when you bind phone to xiaomi a/c from developer options your device should be visible in website manage devices options

Now use MI unlock tool and should work

A few things to Note:
1. Follow the timer/ waiting period shown in Mi Unlock Tool to unlock successfully.
2. After you've successfully bound your Mi Account, do not factory reset/ log out the approved Mi account from your phone. Otherwise, the timer will be reset and you gotta spend more time waiting again.
3. You can disconnect your phone from your laptop and close mi unlock tool while waiting for counter to countdown from 168 (7 days). Use your phone as normal. Do not bind your mi account to phone again during this period as it will reset the counter. just enter fastboot, connect to laptop and run mi unlock to check timer status.

I hope this all helps. Now I gotta work out how to change my rom from chinese to global, got 167hours to work it out :)

Thanks to all the people on this forum and xda developers, otherwise I would not have a clue.

Regards

Yaz