Cannot Unlock Bootloader Due To Custom Miui Rom Installed By Seller

Meli'Os

Members
Jul 16, 2016
So i applied for premission from miui to unlock bootloader it was accepted, when i entered fastboot and phone is found it loads to 50% and phone exits fastboot mode and starts charging . The seller notified me before i bought the phone that it runs on a custom miui system . miui global and credits on the phone says its made by some xiaomi Czech forum or something. There is also no ota on this rom so i was wondering if it would affect it if i tried to install orginal system.

You can unlock the bootloader by flashing an older official china developer fastboot rom but you have to do it in emergency mode with miflash tool. Then you can flash whatever you want once it's unlocked, just not another official rom this will lock it again!
Let me know if this is what you wish and I will tell you how.

You can unlock the bootloader by flashing an older official china developer fastboot rom but you have to do it in emergency mode with miflash tool. Then you can flash whatever you want once it's unlocked, just not another official rom this will lock it again!
Let me know if this is what you wish and I will tell you how.
Yes please if you could :)

Yeah basically the second link does the trick. Cool guide didn't know it existed :p

Thank you very much for such a nice share iamme729 :), i've followed the second link from you and it works. and there are steps that can be skipped, so that make unlocking far more easier. for those who still stuck on seller rom i suggest you all just have to visit the link and see for your selves. happy unlocking ;)

Last edited:
thank you for these links i have tried them but i can't downgrade or update it just reboots and mi logo appears and disappears for a split second then boots back I have tried three diffrerent zips so i cant even complete first step :/ my miui rom is global| stable 3.2 7.3.2.0.0(LXKCNDD) and i know bootloader is locked due to the fact i get a picture of a phone when i try to enter and i cant use the unlock bootlloader tool as it reaches 50% it begins to say my device couldn't be found and my phone restarts and exits fastboot on its own, and also the mi pc suite says i have latest version of miui and no updates available it also doesn't find my device in fast boot when trying to download through manual and i have installed abd drivers and mi flash recognizes my device in fastboot. Please help if you can

Yes true in the guide there are a few redundant steps. Basically all you need is to flash the old 6.1.7 rom via emergency mode and that unlocks your bootloader. From there you can easily then upgrade to whatever and flash at will :)

Reactions: iamme729
Hi all, I have a compiled a full howto install Miui7/8 for a fresh Xiaomi Mi4c with locked bootloader but can not post links here.
Can somebody help?

Additonal: You always can install the ORIGINAL CHINESE firmware by using MiFlash. That will setup your phone like freshly from the factory. The sellers firmware and settings will be gone.

Last edited:
Here the links and files :)

HowTo: https: // file.io / d5jWfd

Files: https: // file.io / jkYWU6

Gesendet von meinem Mi-4c mit Tapatalk