Cannot Verify The Source Of The Update

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Redmi Note 2' started by Mymymi, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Mymymi

MymymiMembers

Mar 30, 2016
    Male
    Any help would be appreciated , non-techy here ! I have a redmi note 2 that I got with 66.77.33.00 -adware/bloatware fitted as standard . After much trial and error I eventually managed to get myself to miui 5.9.10 Beta . In 'updates ' , I have miui 6.1.29 weekly 696.35M showing . But when I try to update I receive 'cannot verify source of update ' message.
    I've looked around and found different suggestions for the cause of this -conflict between roms and server issues . Could anyone shed any light on this , please - hopefully in words of one syllable ! Rationally , I don't understand why the system is offering something it can't fulfil

2. Mymymi

MymymiMembers

Mar 30, 2016
    Male
    Anybody ?

3. Mymymi

MymymiMembers

Mar 30, 2016
    Male
    Ok , no takers... could I just download this rom , rename it and use recovery -will that work ?

4. Mymymi

MymymiMembers

Mar 30, 2016
    Male
    Give you a quick update -not that anyone seems to care ! ; ) Tried several times to update to 6.1.29 with no success-repeated source verification failure . Tried official global -same story . I read somewhere to delete earlier downloads -so I deleted the ******* 5.9.10 beta , then 'updated ' it again from the pc , hoping it would be like a fresh start . Once that was done i clicked update for 6.1.29 , which must have taken at least 7 hours to download , and that resulted in the same failure message . Was just about to put the phone away when I noticed that the 6.3.31 ota was available -what the heck , clicked on it , downloaded it and it installed !!! For the life of me I can't understand this , but I am so pleased to be back on otas , though I might have wanted to stay on 6.1.29 a bit as it seemed so well received .
    One thing though , all I have so far added to the phone are my google contacts which were ported when I set up the account , and the update zips , but I have less than 9 gb memory left -does this sound right ?

Share Our Site