Can't edit build.prop file Poco F2 PRO

jjoeshua

Members
Mar 13, 2020
on my Poco F2 Pro and I was able to install TWRP correctly as well as Magisk canary
Only, the root does not seem complete and the modification of build.prop to 0755 via TWRP is not possible.
So I end up with a rooted device but half.
Ex: AdAway only works with a rooted device works perfectly.
but Root Explorer.apk encounters an error message when switching to R / W which indicates:

"Warning: the modification of the permissions was not successful. Please note that some file systems (SD card for example) do not allow changes to the permissions"

You can make a magisk module for you build.prop file and flash.
That's the way to go id you want modify system files from Android 10

You can follow the developer guide here. Developer Guides | Magisk
Or i could provide 1 for you if you like. Then you simply add your build.prop file, zip it up (using a file manager or PC) and flash to magisk

Then i don't recommend editing build.prop files.
What exactly do u want to achieve with the editting?

when you root device with magisk canary ,device change name to LMI, forums and other site or apps do not recognize phone , app dont know what phone is LMI, XDA app for example ..etc
I want to chamge name to Poco or Redmi k30 pro

when you root device with magisk canary ,device change name to LMI, forums and other site or apps do not recognize phone , app dont know what phone is LMI, XDA app for example ..etc
I want to chamge name to Poco or Redmi k30 pro
Ok, i made a magisk module for you if you want to try it.
Build_prop-LMI.zip
1, download the file
2, make desired edits to your build.prop file
3, copy your build.prop file to "system" folder inside downloade zip file (maybe use PC to drag and drop)
4, flash to magisk
5, reboot device

NOTE: have twrp and a backup, just incase
If any booting issue
Boot to twrp and delete "data/adb/modules/BuildPROP"

Same problem myself. However I had volte enabled and was working as per it said volte at the top beside my signal strength. I don't know what exactly I did to cause an issue but, it's no longer working and I don't see volte inside the build prop files itself. Can someone provide the stock build.prop for 12.04 jmix rom? That would be awesome and I'll make a small donation for ones efforts Thursday the 5th of November.

Same problem myself. However I had volte enabled and was working as per it said volte at the top beside my signal strength. I don't know what exactly I did to cause an issue but, it's no longer working and I don't see volte inside the build prop files itself. Can someone provide the stock build.prop for 12.04 jmix rom? That would be awesome and I'll make a small donation for ones efforts Thursday the 5th of November.
"System" build.prop from V12.0.4.0.QJKMIXM => here

;)

;)
thank you very dam much. I searched ALL OVER for this and couldn't find it anywhere. Although upon glance I don't see anything on volte or hd voice inside either..and after slapping my sim inside my wife's stock poco f2 pro, no root no unlocking ect volte doesn work there either. So I'll have to assume straight talk has disabled it for some reason although they claim it's configured ims registration isnt configured either. IDK. Anyhow thank you. Once I'm off work going to look into the build.prop file sent and mine to see what's changed exactly. And I'll get back to you the 5th on a dono for the file.

thank you very dam much. I searched ALL OVER for this and couldn't find it anywhere. Although upon glance I don't see anything on volte or hd voice inside either..and after slapping my sim inside my wife's stock poco f2 pro, no root no unlocking ect volte doesn work there either. So I'll have to assume straight talk has disabled it for some reason although they claim it's configured ims registration isnt configured either. IDK. Anyhow thank you. Once I'm off work going to look into the build.prop file sent and mine to see what's changed exactly. And I'll get back to you the 5th on a dono for the file.
No problem, I'm here to help. :)
For your information, I downloaded the recovery ROM and extracted the file myself (since I know how to do that).
;)

Ok, i made a magisk module for you if you want to try it.
Build_prop-LMI.zip
1, download the file
2, make desired edits to your build.prop file
3, copy your build.prop file to "system" folder inside downloade zip file (maybe use PC to drag and drop)
4, flash to magisk
5, reboot device

NOTE: have twrp and a backup, just incase
If any booting issue
Boot to twrp and delete "data/adb/modules/BuildPROP"

I use Linux , I download file , rename instead of LMI to Redmi k30 pro , flash this in magisk and after booting , phone still have LMI name, what app to use to edit build.prop file?

I use Linux , I download file , rename instead of LMI to Redmi k30 pro , flash this in magisk and after booting , phone still have LMI name, what app to use to edit build.prop file?
Did you copy your modified build.prop file into the zip?
And nowhere did i mention "renaming" any file, please follow steps 1 - 5 EXACTLY

Last edited:
Reactions: Poney70
Did you copy your modified build.prop file into the zip?
And nowhere did i mention "renaming" any file, please follow steps 1 - 5 EXACTLY
I didn't quite understand that,that modified build.prop file, from where to I get it?
And when I find it, what to modify?

Sent from my Redmi K30 Pro using Tapatalk

I didn't quite understand that,that modified build.prop file, from where to I get it?
And when I find it, what to modify?

Sent from my Redmi K30 Pro using Tapatalk
Using a file manager with root access, copy 2 files below from your root directory
default.prop
system/build.prop

Send the files and i can make necessary edits.

Using a file manager with root access, copy 2 files below from your root directory
default.prop
system/build.prop

Send the files and i can make necessary edits.
Hi
Not sure he can write with root access because on new phone system is locked read only.

;)

Can you get the build.prop file from 12.02 jkid? Instead of jmix as that's what I flashed. Still unable to get volte back working after well I don't know what the heck I had done other then flashing weekly firmware file... But yea I would assume the two are different ? Jkid is what my poco f2 pro came with initially unsure if what I did after flashing 12.03jkmix then to 12.04 jkmix as volte worked then all of a sudden it didn't. Contacting my service provider (straight talk) does a lick of good as they're about as blind as they come to what volte is even tho they have it all over the place when looking at the services they provide. So yea can you get the build prop for that firmware file (jkid 12.02?) Or tell me how so that I may exctraxt myself. Once again the build prop file shows nothing on volte, enhanced voice ect. And trying to make calls with out it in my area is pretty difficult as full signal lte will not call out 9 out of ten times.

"System" build.prop from V12.0.2.0.QJKIDXM => here

But where is my donation? :p

at this time, my little girl just got out of Cincinnati children's hospital. so ive been off work for sometime. i go back tomorrow after being off for well, more than long enough for any typical job to terminate someone. so with this being said, remind me in 2 weeks time, is there anyway i can direct message you my number in case im not on here so that ill see the reminder?

"System" build.prop from V12.0.2.0.QJKIDXM => here

But where is my donation? :p
also thank you, from the looks at a glance the only differences are time zone settings within the prop? unless thats your tmezone perhaps? NOTHING about volte or enhanced voice...question, what are vender files? how can i got about getting the modem files from this jkid, to flash to the phone? does a regular stock rom (full rom) flash everything back? including firmware ect or??? trying to completely reset the bands ect. there are certion options that are no longer available anymore now so i know something has switched. before using xiaomi band switcher (short code somewhere to get to it) it would actually swap the frequency i.e. russia, 1200mhz, usa, pcs, ect...

at this time, my little girl just got out of Cincinnati children's hospital. so ive been off work for sometime. i go back tomorrow after being off for well, more than long enough for any typical job to terminate someone. so with this being said, remind me in 2 weeks time, is there anyway i can direct message you my number in case im not on here so that ill see the reminder?
Oh, ok. ;)
I will send you a PM here, you will get an e-mail as "PM notification". ;)

also thank you, from the looks at a glance the only differences are time zone settings within the prop? unless thats your tmezone perhaps? NOTHING about volte or enhanced voice...question, what are vender files? how can i got about getting the modem files from this jkid, to flash to the phone? does a regular stock rom (full rom) flash everything back? including firmware ect or??? trying to completely reset the bands ect. there are certion options that are no longer available anymore now so i know something has switched. before using xiaomi band switcher (short code somewhere to get to it) it would actually swap the frequency i.e. russia, 1200mhz, usa, pcs, ect...
My knowledge about that is very limited... I can't tell where to search. :(

EDIT: "fastboot" ROM is the best way to restore all partitions I guess. :)