Can't flash twrp or any recovery anymore on my Mi8 SE

Maik Mugato

Members
Aug 24, 2017
Hello Friends

After recieving my Mi8 SE in November, i unlocked it, flashed twrp and installed the xiaomi.eu rom.
This works without any issues (one time the twrp disappeared, but could easily reflashed in fastboot), but now...

Last version that the update worked was 9.1.10, then i wanted to update the next version (weekly) but the twrp was gone again.

And now i can't flash it again in fastboot. I tried my old version 3.2.1. that always worked, but when rebooted in recovery, it got stuck in the bootscreen.
I tried 2 other downloads of the 3.2.1, and even the new 2.3.3 version, but the only difference was, that it instantly rebooted in fastboot-mode, instead of recovery.

The phone boots normally into the system, and runs fine, but i can't update anymore (even tried to flash an stock-recovery without success)

Help please!

Hello Friends

After recieving my Mi8 SE in November, i unlocked it, flashed twrp and installed the xiaomi.eu rom.
This works without any issues (one time the twrp disappeared, but could easily reflashed in fastboot), but now...

Last version that the update worked was 9.1.10, then i wanted to update the next version (weekly) but the twrp was gone again.

And now i can't flash it again in fastboot. I tried my old version 3.2.1. that always worked, but when rebooted in recovery, it got stuck in the bootscreen.
I tried 2 other downloads of the 3.2.1, and even the new 2.3.3 version, but the only difference was, that it instantly rebooted in fastboot-mode, instead of recovery.

The phone boots normally into the system, and runs fine, but i can't update anymore (even tried to flash an stock-recovery without success)

Help please!
We were many having this "trouble"... you can find many threads related in this forum.
Only solution if no one TWRP version boots is to flash official xiaomi dev rom and after you'll be able to flash again a new TWRP.
working version 1102 and 1217 for rom up to 8.12.20 and 1227 AFTER flashing younger version.
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/mi-8-se-how-to-install-xioami-eu-9-1-3.48537/
from post number 18

Last edited:
Reactions: Maik Mugato