Can't remove accessibility icon from navbar!

ggLLLl

Members
Aug 9, 2021
I can't remove accessibility icon from the navbar no matter what I try! My phone is Redmi Note 10 Pro, miui 12.5. Any solution?

Attachments

• IMG_20210809_150219.jpg
    IMG_20210809_150219.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 794
Reactions: Ronni
settings - additional settings - accessibility - Vision - accessibility menu

Attachments

• IMG_20210809_211821.jpg
    IMG_20210809_211821.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 1,007
  • IMG_20210809_211847.jpg
    IMG_20210809_211847.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 1,136
Reactions: katerpanne
Thanks for the reply, but it doesn't work. I tried many times switching off everything in accessibility menu but nothing helps.

It works, I tried it. https://streamable.com/2ircwr
You're doing something wrong.

If you are using Global ROM then I can't help.
Here we use the custom ROM xiaomi.eu
This is not the official Xiaomi website.

Last edited:
Set a basic theme, restart your phone and try disabling it again.

Last edited:
I had to do factory reset to get rid of the accessibility icon. Miui is trash. I have so many issues with it. I'm getting rid of this phone ASAP.

• Sad
Hi there!
I ran into the same issue after upgrading to MIUI 12.5 and found a solution: (I had to edit my earlier post)

tldr: (this at least fixed it for me) search for lock screen in settings, turn off lock screen shortcut, done!

Background I found for this issue:
After googling for a while it seems this is not a MIUI but an Android issue. Multiple users on multiple devices (also non xiaomi ones) experience this issue when specific accessibility options are switched on, even ones you might not describe as an accessibility option. It also is connected to apps that have to do with accessibility you might have installed, as it was the reason in my case: I use a little app that activates the lock screen with an icon on my home screen, this very app seems to not work well with the latest MIUI. Under accessibility and downloaded apps if I turn on the lock screen shortcut icon the little accessibility icon appears in nav, yet neither clicking that or clicking the shortcut from the app on my homescreen really activates the lock screen now. All that clicking the accessibility icon in the navigation does is activating or de-activating the lock screen app. After choosing a new lock screen app and granting it access I now have the old functionality back AND the little T guy is gone.

Damn, what a waste of time. After discovering all this it seems not like a bug but a very illogical function.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: MansyBOO
Hi there!
I ran into the same issue after upgrading to MIUI 12.5 and found a solution: (I had to edit my earlier post)

tldr: (this at least fixed it for me) search for lock screen in settings, turn off lock screen shortcut, done!

Background I found for this issue:
After googling for a while it seems this is not a MIUI but an Android issue. Multiple users on multiple devices (also non xiaomi ones) experience this issue when specific accessibility options are switched on, even ones you might not describe as an accessibility option. It also is connected to apps that have to do with accessibility you might have installed, as it was the reason in my case: I use a little app that activates the lock screen with an icon on my home screen, this very app seems to not work well with the latest MIUI. Under accessibility and downloaded apps if I turn on the lock screen shortcut icon the little accessibility icon appears in nav, yet neither clicking that or clicking the shortcut from the app on my homescreen really activates the lock screen now. All that clicking the accessibility icon in the navigation does is activating or de-activating the lock screen app. After choosing a new lock screen app and granting it access I now have the old functionality back AND the little T guy is gone.

Damn, what a waste of time. After discovering all this it seems not like a bug but a very illogical function.
Tried your solution, but didnt worked for me, still cant toggle off the Little T guy accesibility icon, its stll There no Matter what you switch on or off

Tried your solution, but didnt worked for me, still cant toggle off the Little T guy accesibility icon, its stll There no Matter what you switch on or off
I do not have any lock screen APP instaled but use nova Launcher.. Could be this?
IMG_20210905_224132.jpg
IMG_20210905_224108.jpg

Sorry to hear that, I can empathize with your frustration! Only thing I recommend is to go through really all the stuff you can find in the accessibility settings - the screenshot you posted is only about turning the accessibility menu on/off, but as stated above the icon can be activated by a lot of more things and in that cases tabbing the icon will not show a menu and will do something else (or nothing). Really bad ui design.

Sorry to hear that, I can empathize with your frustration! Only thing I recommend is to go through really all the stuff you can find in the accessibility settings - the screenshot you posted is only about turning the accessibility menu on/off, but as stated above the icon can be activated by a lot of more things and in that cases tabbing the icon will not show a menu and will do something else (or nothing). Really bad ui design.
Have tried everything i could, but with no avail yet but thanks for your help,.. I guess i would have to wait for a New miui update as i dont want to Hard reset the phone Just for this

Check if any app is using your accessbility, turn them off, it should disappear.
Solved!.. That was the ley..!.. As i suspected at first Nova Launcher was the culprit..used addons detector apk to list all apps permisions and nova was using accesibility service.. Turned it off an voila!.. Now the T guy icon turns on and off as it should , thanks for the advice Zhen!
Check if any app is using your accessbility, turn them off, it should disappear.

Solved!.. That was the ley..!.. As i suspected at first Nova Launcher was the culprit..used addons detector apk to list all apps permisions and nova was using accesibility service.. Turned it off an voila!.. Now the T guy icon turns on and off as it should , thanks for the advice Zhen!
Glad it fixed, welcome!

Hi. I did use addons detector as you said but could not find any permission under Nova linked to accessibility. Could you explain how you managed? Thanks a lot.