Can't Root Xiaomi Mi Note Pro.

Mar 15, 2016
Yesterday I received my Xiaomi Mi Note Pro that I bought Online.
The seller pre-installed the Xiaomi.eu multilanguage ROM and when I received it I updated it to version 6.1.7,as that was the last one OTA update I manually installed the newest version (6.3.10/11) using the "Update from file" option in the MI Update app.

I noticed that TWRP 3.0.0.0 was now the default recovery and I wanted to flash Super SU but when I start TWRP and try to flash SuperSU all the folders are empty,also everytime I enter TWRP it asks if I want to make the storage read only,I swipe to say no and check the "never show again" checkbox,but it keeps appearing every time.

There's nothing I can flash,TWRP says that I'm browsing the internal store but there's nothing.

Also when I try to reboot using TWRP it says that no OS is installed,but when I reset using the button it starts normally.

So MIUI boots normally but I can't flash anything.

Can anyone help me please?

Mar 15, 2016
Do not use TWRP 3.0 because it's not working properly with MI Note Pro. Just use TWRP 2.8 please.

Tapatalk by Mi Note Pro
Can I flash an old version of TWRP using the MI update app "Update from File" option?

Also which version do you recommend?

Can you please tell me how to flash a recovery by fastboot please?

Mar 15, 2016
Ok Thanks.

I have one last question,I've read in another forum that I must be careful to choose when SuperSU asks me to update binaries because the phone can be bricked.

What should I choose when SuperSU asks me that?

Also when trying to download TWRP from their website I don't see Xiaomi Redmi Note pro on their list of devices,which one should I choose?

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2016
Ok Thanks.

I have one last question,I've read in another forum that I must be careful to choose when SuperSU asks me to update binaries because the phone can be bricked.

What should I choose when SuperSU asks me that?

Also when trying to download TWRP from their website I don't see Xiaomi Redmi Note pro on their list of devices,which one should I choose?
You need SuperSU files. You'll get that by downloading the correct version of SuperSU for NotePro, same goes for TWRP.

Install TWRP first, then SuperSU.