Can't Unlock On Fake Rom & Can't Change Rom Without Unlocking

Prequal

Members
Dec 9, 2016
That's my problem summarized in the title. Got my phone a few days ago, applied for Unlocking, got that permission about 2 hours ago.

Installed ROM is called - MIUI Global 8.0 | Stable 8.0.5.0(MBECNDG)

Tried to unlock in with Unlocking tool > Could not verify device.
Read I needed to be on Dev Rom, tried to flash that > Just can't get it to work.

Won't Update from Updater App. Recovery mode seems to be disabled as all I get is this image on the screen with a cable and an outline of the phone. No other options, nothing happens if you plug the cable it.-

If I power off and power on with Volume+ pressed I get this get a lot of Chinese options, one button changes the options into English
- PCBA Test
- MMI Test
- Audio Test
- Sensor Test
- Hardware Info
- Fastboot
- Revovery
- Download
- English

Fastboot needs the phone to be unlocked to work? I read that a lot.
Download doesn't seem to have any effect except to turn the phone off (but it takes holding the power button for a while to start it)
Recovery goes to the previous description.

So ... any advice? Permission sms arrived at midnight so I've been trying this for 2 hours :p

Flash fastboot ROM in EDL mode as dump9x wrote, or flash recovery ROM in recovery mode. Find tread "Who Has Redmi 4 Pro From Gearbest?" on 3rd page there is cool video how to do it.

Reactions: Prequal
Thanks guys. Managed this, although not without problems because MiFlash tool was not downloadable yesterday, had to find it on androidmtk and hope it was real.

Now I've graduated to the classic problem -
"Couldn't verify device, Current account is different from the account info on the device."

Have tried logging in with the phone number in both MiFlash and the Mi account on the phone but no luck with this so far.

EDIT - Factory reset and logging in with Phone number fixed this.

Last edited:
Reactions: trustkill
Hi there,

my Redmi 4 Prime arrived yesterday from gearbest, came also with the Gearbest-Global-Shop-ROM 8.0.5.0.

I'm still waiting for my unlock approval - but what already worked was getting rid of the shop ROM and flashing the latest China DEV markw_images_6.12.15_20161215.0000.00_6.0_cn downloaded from http://en.miui.com/a-234.html and installed via fastboot and Miflash 6.8.30 (other older versions and the beta did not work, no device was found), downloaded here: http://en.miui.com/thread-345974-1-1.html

That's the first step - next will follow when I get unlock permission!

Maybe that helps in the first place some users who want to get rid of the nasty gearbest (or other shop) ROM .

Hi there,

my Redmi 4 Prime arrived yesterday from gearbest, came also with the Gearbest-Global-Shop-ROM 8.0.5.0.

I'm still waiting for my unlock approval - but what already worked was getting rid of the shop ROM and flashing the latest China DEV markw_images_6.12.15_20161215.0000.00_6.0_cn downloaded from http://en.miui.com/a-234.html and installed via fastboot and Miflash 6.8.30 (other older versions and the beta did not work, no device was found), downloaded here: http://en.miui.com/thread-345974-1-1.html

Maybe that helps in the first place some users who want to get rid of the nasty gearbest (or other shop) ROM .

Update: After I received unlock approval from XIAOMI (after 4 days) everything else was done easily:

- Unlock with Mi Unlock
- Installation of TWRP
- Flashing of latest weekly xiaomi.eu rom
- Done - everything's running fine

Update: After I received unlock approval from XIAOMI (after 4 days) everything else was done easily:

- Unlock with Mi Unlock
- Installation of TWRP
- Flashing of latest weekly xiaomi.eu rom
- Done - everything's running fine

Hello, do you have a guide i can use and how to unlock please ?

Hi there,

I'm still waiting for my unlock approval - but what already worked was getting rid of the shop ROM and flashing the latest China DEV markw_images_6.12.15_20161215.0000.00_6.0_cn and installed via fastboot and Miflash 6.8.30 (other older versions and the beta did not work, no device was found),

This is what I tried but the downloaded rom I got wasmarkw_V8.06.MBECNDG_20161113.0000.6.0_cn_4c6f177e17.tgz not in a folder as shown in the tutorial so no other items present and no path available to paste in MIflash.

Is there somewhere else I have been browsing for 2 days now and still unable to get rid of the 8.0.50 rom

Hi there,

You mention nasty rom from Gearbest. I have been using that rom for a month now while waiting for official eu rom release.
I have had no issues with the stability of that rom to date. What am I missing here, why is the rom nasty? Are there viruses or so that I missed?

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

You mention nasty rom from Gearbest. I have been using that rom for a month now while waiting for official eu rom release.
I have had no issues with the stability of that rom to date. What am I missing here, why is the rom nasty? Are there viruses or so that I missed?

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

I don't think people really mean it's a nasty ROM , it's not full of viruses, it works fine. It's just an unneeded ROM. And one that can't get updates so it's something extra you have to do when a stable ROM appears

Okay I fluked it the rom I wanted to get rid of was the 8.05.0 one as I said the download I did didn't match the tutorial I was using.

I still had the Chinese PC suite under a few windows, found it when closing others as I sill had phone connected to pc in fastboot the download I had was on the suite with a tick next to it . So took a chance clicked the left of 2 boxes underneath and a screen came up with percent symbol.

Well something was happening, I didn't know what and had read it would take 30 mins + to install if this is what was happening, came back 10 mins later and my phone was rebooting and it had the official stable China rom running.

Then searched for installing google apps found a quick and easy method so things are looking good.