Can't Update New Versions, By Any Options.

Felps777

Members
Jul 29, 2017
Hi.
I have the version MiUI 8.3 (7.2.23 beta) as it appears on my phone info screen.
When I try to install a new version , It never works.
  • I've tried putting the new Rom file on my phone and then activate the update tool to use it. But this puts the phone in some zombie mode that shows the Mi logo, and stay there forever until I restart it, and when I do it, it looks like never happened.
  • If I try to reboot on recovery it doesn't load anything to be used. So I have to reboot again for normal mode.
When I check the info by fastboot, it looks like to be locked again. =(

I feel a bit frustrated, and I would like to update version to one with Spanish language. Could you help me with this?

Thank you.

Your bootloader got locked when you updated to the current version.

Apply for unlocking permissions and then unlock your bootloader with mi unlock.

After unlocking, install Twrp recovery and the new rom.

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk

H
Your bootloader got locked when you updated to the current version.

Apply for unlocking permissions and then unlock your bootloader with mi unlock.

After unlocking, install Twrp recovery and the new rom.

Hi, thank you for the answer.
I've tried ask the unlock code by Xiaomi's page but couldn't receive any code by SMS.
in the middle of process it raises a popup message saying my IP address is not valid/accepted. I've seeing some other comments in forums and the people said that it should be a Chinese IP address, cause Xiaomi is not give the code for foreign petitions. =O

So. Do you know any other way to unlock it without this code.?

Tks.

H

Hi, thank you for the answer.
I've tried ask the unlock code by Xiaomi's page but couldn't receive any code by SMS.
in the middle of process it raises a popup message saying my IP address is not valid/accepted. I've seeing some other comments in forums and the people said that it should be a Chinese IP address, cause Xiaomi is not give the code for foreign petitions. =O

So. Do you know any other way to unlock it without this code.?

Tks.
It does not give you a code. You just apply with your xiaomi account that you have on your phone. Then wait about 7 days. Sometimes you don't get a confirmation sms and you just have to test if you have permission directly into the MI unlock app.

Reactions: Felps777
I've applied before using my xiaomi's account, but it was done using my pc ,not my cellphone.
Is this the problem?
I don't know any other way to apply to it.
And today I've tried to use the miUnlock app but it shows a message saying my device is not supported, and ask to go to a webpage to apply for unlock.
Resuming, I'm back on the beginning of my this post again. =\

Any other solution or suggestion? =)

Thank you guys.

Last edited:
I'm facing similar problems.

Adding the fact that I'm not able to use neither Recovery nor fastboot.

I put on sd card a .zip, I select it by update, it seems to be installed, but nothing happens

MIUI 8.3 7.5.4 Weekly

:-(