Carrier Name Bug (mi4c)

w21__

Members
Jan 17, 2016
This problem is related with the xiaomi.eu ROMs (and possible only on Mi4c, because other phones running xiaomi.eu ROMs like RN2/RN3 are displaying the carrier name correctly), on the original miui.com I don't have this problem.

After registering on the mobile network, the phone is supposed to show the carrier name received from the network, not the original one that is known from MCC/MNC database or sim, with the country code.

For example, when I register on the network "RO ORANGE", the phone displays the name that the network is broadcasting "orange" only for a fraction of second, then "RO ORANGE" again. On any other phone, the carrier is shown as "orange".

Any fix planned for this bug ?

Reactions: strapabiro
I know I can rename it but this is not a bug fix.

If I rename it, it won't show the network mode when mobile data connection is off.

Its the same for every carrier, it does not use the name that the network broadcasts, but the one assigned to the MNC.

I'm using Digi.Mobil but it shows "Digi".

For Telekom it shows "RO COSMOTE" instead of "TELEKOM.RO". And ofc "RO Vodafone RO" instead of "Vodafone RO".

i cannot unsee this since you pointed it out :)) just came back to tell, fun fact, digi shows as Digi and shows the network type with or without carrier rename ... so wth might be the problem?

No, Digi.Mobil is shown Digi. The network broadcasts "Digi.Mobil" but I see "Digi", the name my phone knows that is assigned with the MNC (226 05).

And if I use a custom name, the network type is shown only when the mobile data connection is on.

Again, for Telekom it shows "RO COSMOTE". Hope you got it.

This is not the normal and correct behaviour. It must show the name broadcasted by the carrier. I know its a small bug, but should I feel sorry for reporting it?