Invalid Cellphone model changes after flashing weekly rom

Arslank

Members
Jul 5, 2021
Recently flashed weekly rom on Mi10T using mentioned method TWRP. after flashing phone started showing that its K30S Ultra but i have seen some people on sharing videos of Mi10T flashed same version Weekly rom and its showing Mi10T. I cant get InTouch with them to see if there is any change we need to make in rom files to keep my phone as Mi10T instead of changing its model number. anyone can share any idea that can help to keep Mi10T show Mi10T after flashing.

not sure its bug or not.

Arslank

Members
Jul 5, 2021
It is not a bug, you flashed a K30S Ultra beta ROM, that happen to work with the Mi 10T because it is the same hardware.
Ahh ok. I thought i downloaded Mi10T beta rom. Is there a link you can find me fori10T beta.

gogocar62

Members
Apr 22, 2021
Recently flashed weekly rom on Mi10T using mentioned method TWRP. after flashing phone started showing that its K30S Ultra but i have seen some people on sharing videos of Mi10T flashed same version Weekly rom and its showing Mi10T. I cant get InTouch with them to see if there is any change we need to make in rom files to keep my phone as Mi10T instead of changing its model number. anyone can share any idea that can help to keep Mi10T show Mi10T after flashing.

not sure its bug or not.

You are solving a non-existent problem.

Reactions: Poney70

Arslank

Members
Jul 5, 2021
You are solving a non-existent problem.
Really! i think this is a problem because i have seen videos on youtube where they flashed phone and its showing Mi 10t. If this rom is made with model K30s embedded in it then everyone should receive same result. So, my main reason here is to find out if there is something we need to do in advance or afterwards to change phone model number.

Igor Eisberg

Developer
Staff member
Oct 6, 2016
Really! i think this is a problem because i have seen videos on youtube where they flashed phone and its showing Mi 10t. If this rom is made with model K30s embedded in it then everyone should receive same result. So, my main reason here is to find out if there is something we need to do in advance or afterwards to change phone model number.
You were watching videos of older ROMs. Our ROM is based on official China ROM for Redmi K30S Ultra, and we don't touch the model anymore.
It's your problem now.

Arslank

Members
Jul 5, 2021
You were watching videos of older ROMs. Our ROM is based on official China ROM for Redmi K30S Ultra, and we don't touch the model anymore.
It's your problem now.
I checked and seems like not a older video. Just check the link below and watch from 1:50 to 1:60. You will see rom version 21.6.2 and device shows up as Mi 10t. I think you didn't understood the issue and pushing it as a problem, which should have been accommodated here as its main forum for China ROM. No worries. Enjoy.

Igor Eisberg

Developer
Staff member
Oct 6, 2016
I checked and seems like not a older video. Just check the link below and watch from 1:50 to 1:60. You will see rom version 21.6.2 and device shows up as Mi 10t. I think you didn't understood the issue and pushing it as a problem, which should have been accommodated here as its main forum for China ROM. No worries. Enjoy.
The video shows Mi 10T Pro. Not Mi 10T. It's not the same as Redmi K30S Ultra. Not sure what you're trying to convince me here.

Arslank

Members
Jul 5, 2021
The video shows Mi 10T Pro. Not Mi 10T. It's not the same as Redmi K30S Ultra. Not sure what you're trying to convince me here.
Is there China Rom for MI 10t Pro in weekly roms list? IS Mi10t pro is different from Mi10t apart from Camera? I'm not trying to convince I'm trying to know might be there is a step I'm missing which can lead me to keep my device model same.

Igor Eisberg

Developer
Staff member
Oct 6, 2016
Is there China Rom for MI 10t Pro in weekly roms list? IS Mi10t pro is different from Mi10t apart from Camera?
Yes. Hardware is marked as "pro" variant, while Mi 10T/Redmi K30S Ultra is "std" variant. Thus Mi 10T Pro has it's own props file, which we add ourselves because there is no "pro" variant in China at all. Still, even Mi 10T Pro on our ROMs has the Redmi boot logo, that won't ever change.

I'm not trying to convince I'm trying to know might be there is a step I'm missing which can lead me to keep my device model same.
Nope.
apollo = Redmi K30S Ultra (also supports Mi 10T)
apollopro = Mi 10T Pro (not supported in China, support added by us)

Reactions: Poney70