change operator name without tinkering with spn-conf

Dec 14, 2013
Hello everyone,

Before I updated to latest release of rom I was able to set te operator name somewhere in the settings.
What i did was leave them blank to hide them altogether because notification icons were not visible with two operator names on taskbar. Now i can't find that option anywhere. either it was removed or i'm still looking at wrong places. I remember it was in the same section as a "have clock in the center of taskbar" option.

Oct 13, 2012
That would be a cool option to have, especially for those of us with long operator names.

Sent from my MI 2SC

Dec 14, 2013
Yes it is here. I downgraded to find it. in the last stable release for hongmi wcdma 3.11.29
In the status bar settings at the bottom. there is a "statusbar style settings" with centered clock, customize carrier label options.

Really now.. I spent almost an hour in total today looking through everything in settings. It's gone in the latest release

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2012
I just tried spn config, and there's one big problem... I don't know what to write in place of the carrier name. I wish you could just hide the name all together.

Sent from my MI 2SC

Dec 14, 2013
@mephistozap: this application really just modifies the spn conf file and that changes only one operator name. The second sim name is still there.
EDIT: I was wrong. It doesn't do anything to the spn-conf file at all.

@_jordan_: just put a space (spacebar) in there and it will be empty

I realized that my original question was already answered. The option is no longer there. Should I make this thread into a request? To somehow get it back.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2012
That worked, but now there is a weird space that makes the icons not line up.

What I don't understand is why you can't hide this with a built in settings option.

Sent from my Xiaomi MI2S