charging Pad4 & Pad4 plus

knorke

Members
Jan 18, 2019
I have bought an Mi Pad 4 64GB LTE for my sister and an Mi Pad 4 Plus 128GB LTE for myself.
Both are running with xiaomi.eu ROM.

On the "small" Pad it seems quick charge is working, because of the icon in the Statusbar and text in Lockscreen.
On the Plus Pad it is not working, it does not show the icon in Statusbar or the text on Lockscreen.

because of that i bought Plugable USB-C-VAMETER for testing. My Results with my Pad 4 plus:
Original Charger: 5V 1,8A
Anker PowerPort+1 with QC 3.0: 5V 1,5A
Pazzimo USB-C QC 4+: 5V 1,2A

The better the charger, the poorer is the charging. :emoji_unamused:

sadly i can't test the Pad from my sister for Voltage and Ampere, because she lives over 1.000 km away.

Are there similar experinces?

the Mi Pad4 (plus) have no quick charge !

the Mi Pad4 has a 6000mAh battery
and the Mi Pad 4 Plus 8620mAh battery

So thats why the Pad4 charges faster...

i have seen in other Forums that some Pad's allegedly have quick charge 2, but it is never been mentioned which version.

And, as i said, the "small" Pad from my sister had the quick charge Icon in the Statusbar and the text on Lockscreen.
That has nothing to do with how fast it is actually charging.

I dont know if its really charging faster with 9V, because i bought the VAmeter after she went home and took her new Pad with her.
Her Pad came already unlocked, so i just needed to flash twrp an xiaomi.eu rom - quick charge Icon present
My Pad was original - none quick charge Icon. I've thought its because of the ROM that it isn't just displayed.
But while i was playing with it, while connected with the pazzimo charger, it was fallen from 100% to 98%. Then i ordered the VAmeter.
So i tested it before unlocking, and the low Ampere surprised me. I've hoped that it would improve with xiaomi.eu rom, but it made no difference.

By the way, i measured the Charging with below 90% Battery, since some Devices only fast charge then.