China Rom Miui 8

newdragon

Members
Sep 23, 2016
I got my redmi note 4 today and unable to play pokemon go due to error no GPS signal found. I believe is due to china rom. I got xiaomi 3 with global rom can play pokemon go. I also bought 2 redmi 3 pro for my children with global rom and they can play pokemon too. I also bought xiaomi mi5 with global rom for my wife and she can play too. My question is i saw the update is available via ota but not sure it is global rom or still china rom. My current rom version is MIUI 8 8.0.1.0 MBFCNDG and the version available in system update is MiUI8 v8.0.7.0 MBFCNDG. Is this new update also a china rom ? Anyone can help ? Thanks in advance

I am not staying in china. Will i get the global rom update thru the system update in future ? Or always is china rom

Yes, you will stay on the Chinese ROM as long as you rely on the OTA update.
I got my Redmi Note 4 with a Chinese ROM. It updated imediately to 8.0.5.0 - still Chinese ROM. But Pokemon Go worked flawlessly with that ROM version.
Meanwhile I change the Chinese ROM version to the one from xioami.eu - Pokemon Go is still running.
I suppose it is no ROM related problem but a permission or configuration problem.

Anyways: I would suggest you unlock your phone and install the ROM from here. I don't think a Global MIUI Version for Redmi Note 4 is coming anytime soon.

Thanks bro Skeezix. You are right. I managed to get the pokemon issue solved. Is the google play services setting that prevent to use the GPS. I found the solution in one of the forum here. Real happy :).

Regarding ROM, i will stick to China ROM for the time being. I done the OTA update yesterday.

I also facing he problem of personal hotspot sharing. It shows connected but cannot transfer date at all. I managed to solve this issue by trial and error changing all setting option one by one. At last i got it fixed. I changed the security setting which prevent the apps to access data package. There many apps was listed and one of it is poekemon. I just unchecked pokemon and then it is done.

Thanks again bro. You are very nice

I got the solution from here. :)
Screenshot_2016-09-24-00-00-48.png

I bought a xiaomi 20000mah power bank today via online store. I had compared the features from the internet source and i think it s genuine product but ingot a problem with this power bank. It keeps on stop charging while i am playing pokemon. I will need to press the power button to resume charging. It keeps on happened in every one or two minutes. Can anyone tell me what is the problem ?

Newdragon, you are a life saver! Your solution works for me! I've just bought a note too, and the whole night couldn't figure out where the problem lies, having read many other forums and trying out many other options. Really appreciate it. Thanks much!